News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

One stage vs two stage dialing

Started by Fasttimes, July 08, 2012, 10:22:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fasttimes

Can someone give a brief explanation about the differences between these two, with perhaps and example?

jimates

single stage dialing is when you just dial a number (from another endpoint) the same as dialing from the phone port. Two stage dialing is when you dial into a destination (an endpoint) and then have to dial again to reach your final destination.

Example of two stage:
1 - call into your Obi from your Obion app and reach the AA. Then choose 2 from the AA and then dial xxxxxxx to reach a number using your default service trunk.

2 - call into your Obi from your Obion app and reach the AA. Then choose 2 from the AA and then dial **2xxxxxxx to reach a number using your provider on SP2.

Example of single stage:
1 - dial xxxxxxx from your app and the call is delivered by the Obi to your desired destination.
2 - dial **2xxxxxxx from your app and the call is delivered by the Obi to your desired destination using the provider on your SP2 trunk.

Fasttimes

Awesome.  This should be a sticky for the newbies!

ORTNPALMS

I want to set up my Obi110 so that two stage dialing is always required.  I find lots of tips on how to set up one stage dialing, but not on two stage dialing.   The reason for wanting this is that I'm using the PSTN line as the primary line to call out and I'm going overseas and I'm worried that if I lose my iPhone, someone can use it to dial all over the world using my PSTN line.  So I want to require a password to dial out on all calls. 

Thanks.

jimates

Quote from: ORTNPALMS on October 01, 2012, 01:53:14 PM
I want to set up my Obi110 so that two stage dialing is always required.  I find lots of tips on how to set up one stage dialing, but not on two stage dialing.   The reason for wanting this is that I'm using the PSTN line as the primary line to call out and I'm going overseas and I'm worried that if I lose my iPhone, someone can use it to dial all over the world using my PSTN line.  So I want to require a password to dial out on all calls. 

Thanks.
To use 2 stage dialing just add your iPhone's number to the circle of trust of the Obi. This will make all calls from the iPhone go to the Auto Attendant. Set the attendant PIN on your dashboard.