News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to configure the OBi202 with 2 Google Voice numbers?

Started by bartt, October 01, 2012, 03:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bartt

I have 2 Google Voice numbers: GV1 & GV2. I've also got 2 iPhones: iP1 and iP2. iP1 is setup with GV1 and iP2 with GV2.

I had no trouble configuring the OBi202 so that calls to GV1 go to SP1 and those on GV2 go to SP2.

Each iPhone has the OBiTALK app installed. I've created 2 OBiTALK accounts A1 & A2. Our OBi202 is registered with Account A1. And so is iP1. I changed the configuration of the OBi202 in expert mode so that calls to GV1 ring the OBiTALK app on iP1.

The trouble I'm having now is how to setup OBiTALK on iP2. I've created a 2nd OBiTALK account. How to proceed from here so that iP2 uses the same Obi202 as its Voice Gateway? And how to configure the Obi202 so that calls to GV2 ring on the OBiTALK app on iP2?

I've tried adding A2 to the circle of trust of A1 and make the Obi202 of A1 the voice gateway of A2. Though I can sign in with A2 on iP2, the OBiTALK won't acquire service (where as A1 on iP1 does!).

jimates

Do not use the circle of trust. The COT is designed to use the Auto Attendant.

You can set your Obi202 as the same default gateway for both Obion apps, but it requires moving your Obi202 to the second account. I highly recommend this setup as I use it. But some do not want to have to set up their device again. Since everything is fresh for you it would really not be that big of a deal.

Option 1
1 - You have your Obi202 in one account now A1.
2 - Set the Obi202 as the default gateway for obion app P1. (you probably already did this)
3 - Remove the Obi202 from the account. (Do not make any other changes. Leave the gateway settings alone).
4 - Reset the Obi202 to factory defaults (this is mandatory in order to add it to another account. You can do it using the reset hole on the bottom of the unit)
5 - Set the Obi202 as the default gateway for the Obitalk softphone number
6 - Configure the Obi202 as it was before

this setup makes the Obi your default gateway for both of your Obion apps. You can dial from the app on either iPhone just like you dial from the phone connected to the Obi.

Option 2
Set up single stage dialing

Default settings only allow for calling through the trunk that is designated as primary for outgoing calls. To use other trunks you must set up single stage dialing through any Obi trunk.

RonR put together a single stage dialing configuration for this purpose. Read this post and follow the link at the end of it.
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3094.msg20656#msg20656

jimates

You have obi202 with GV1 set up on SP1 & GV2 set up on SP2
Obion # 290xxxxx1 on iP1
Obion # 290xxxxx2 on iP2

SP1 inbound call route = pp(ob290xxxxx1
SP2 inbound call route = pp(ob290xxxxx2

No calls to GV1 or GV2 will ring the phones. If you want those calls to also ring the phone, add it to the call route. Ex. SP1 inbound call route = {ph1,pp(ob290xxxxx1)}

As far as I know, all calls from both iP1 and iP2 will use SP1 to call out unless you append **2 to the call. Ianobi can tell us how to make iP2 default to SP2.

ianobi

At default the OBiTALK InboundCallRoute is ph,ph2

Jimates is correct to suggest that calls incoming from the 290xxxxxx obion/obiapp, if the Obi202 in question is their gateway device, will call through the Obi202's PrimaryLine, in this case sp1. However, this is only true if the 290xxxxxx is in the "Circle of Trust".

For very good reasons in this case we have abandoned "Circle of Trust", so we need to set up the OBiTALK InboundCallRoute ourselves. I suggest:

{(290xxxxx1)>(Msp1):sp1},{(290xxxxx2)>(Msp2):sp2},{ph,ph2}

Or, if the Obions also need access to The Obi202's Auto Attendant, then:

{(290xxxxx1)>(Msp1):sp1},{(290xxxxx2)>(Msp2):sp2},{(290xxxxx1|290xxxxx2):aa},{ph,ph2}

jimates

I sort of abandoned this in mid stream, not on purpose.

ianobi,

this is my Obitalk ICR (cleaned up thanks to RonR)

{(Mcot)>(<:>(Msp1)),(Mcot)>(<:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(Mcot)>(<*2:>(Msp2)),(Mcot)>(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(Mcot)>(<*3:>(Msp3)),(Mcot)>(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(Mcot)>(<*4:>(Msp4)),(Mcot)>(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(Mcot)>(<*9:>(Mpp)),(Mcot)>(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mcot)>(Mpli):sp1},{(Mcot):aa},{ph}

My User defined digit map COT is
(290xxxxxx|290xxxxxx|290xxxxxx) all 3 of my softphone numbers use the same gateway

As I said, all my apps dial the same as from the phone port. all dialed numbers use the default line unless I prepend for one of the other SPx. If I dial anything that isn't a valid number I get the AA.

My default is sp1
Using my settings, can you make some changes so that bartt's second app uses sp2 without prepending for trunk designation. Perhaps a second user defined digit map for the second obitalk number.
I think this would be great info to have on hand for use with an Obi202 and multiple Obion apps.
I guess with Cot1 & Cot2, each with one softphone number and double the ICR would work. Something like this
{(Mcot1)>(<:>(Msp1)),(Mcot1)>(<:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(Mcot1)>(<*2:>(Msp2)),(Mcot1)>(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(Mcot1)>(<*3:>(Msp3)),(Mcot1)>(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(Mcot1)>(<*4:>(Msp4)),(Mcot1)>(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(Mcot1)>(<*9:>(Mpp)),(Mcot1)>(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mcot1)>(Mpli):sp1},{(Mcot1):aa},{ph},   (this space added intentionally for ease of viewing)

{(Mcot2)>(<:>(Msp2)),(Mcot2)>(<:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(Mcot2)>(<*1:>(Msp1)),(Mcot2)>(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(Mcot2)>(<*3:>(Msp3)),(Mcot2)>(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(Mcot2)>(<*4:>(Msp4)),(Mcot2)>(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(Mcot2)>(<*9:>(Mpp)),(Mcot2)>(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mcot2)>(Mpli):sp1},{(Mcot2):aa},{ph}

User defined digit map Cot1
(290xxxxx1)

User defined digit map Cot2
(290xxxxx2)

Can a ICR be that long (it fits in the field), or can we use defined digit maps for those also. What about the part in red?

Last time I just gave it to RonR and said "What can I do to clean that up".

ianobi

jimates,

I think we are on the same page here! What you have is RonR's super-deluxe version where any of 99 Obi devices can all dial through each other and use any trunk on any one of those devices. A total work of art  8)

My suggestion is cut down to suit slightly different needs. If I understand correctly, calls coming in from 290xxxxx1 should use sp1 and calls coming in from 290xxxxx2 should use sp2. A cot type UserDefinedDigitMap would not be useful as we want the two CallerIDs to behave differently (except for calls to aa). Breaking my suggestion down:

{(290xxxxx1)>(Msp1):sp1},{(290xxxxx2)>(Msp2):sp2},{(290xxxxx1|290xxxxx2):aa},{ph,ph2}

If the CallerID is 290xxxxx1 and the number matches a rule in Msp1, then that call will be routed out via sp1.
If the CallerID is 290xxxxx2 and the number matches a rule in Msp2, then that call will be routed out via sp2.
If the CallerID is 290xxxxx1 or 290xxxxx2 and there is no number or no number that matches Msp1 or Msp2, then the call will go to aa.
All other calls ring phone1 and phone2.

Barrt does not need to prepend any trunk designation because the CallerID is telling the Obi202 where to send the call.

Barrt has gone very quiet  :-\

ianobi

jimates,

Your edit crossed with my post. Your Incoming CallRoute is even begining to scare me now  :D I think the limit is 512 characters, but I don't want to test that! I suggest barrt tries my way first as it is a bit easier to understand (assuming that it works).

As a more general question, converting RonR's single stage design to suit two cots that route differently would be a challenge! I'm off for two weeks holiday tomorrow; maybe I will think about it after my brain is well rested  :)

jimates

OK. That is really pretty simple isn't it. And it does exactly what bartt wants.

But we know once they get it working they always want more. What about this crude one. With this directing calls to the SP, does it still process through the Mspx for validity?

{(290xxxxx1)>(xx.):SP1},{(290xxxxx2>(xx.):SP2},{(290xxxxx1)>(<**2:>xx.):SP2},{(290xxxxx2)>(<**1:>xx.):SP1},{(290xxxxx1|290xxxxx2)>(<**3:>xx.):SP3},{(290xxxxx1|290xxxxx2)>(<**4:>xx.):SP4},{(290xxxxx1|290xxxxx2):aa},{ph}

But I really would like to know what changes to make to my super-deluxe version to make my apps use their own default line.

I dug this up in my files, it was my original ICR and it worked great for all apps using the same default line.
{(290xxxxxx|290xxxxxx|290xxxxxx)>(xx.):SP1},{(290xxxxxx|290xxxxxx|290xxxxxx)>(<**2:>xx.):SP2},{(290xxxxxx|290xxxxxx|290xxxxxx)>(<**8:>xx.):LI},{(290xxxxxx|290xxxxxx|290xxxxxx):aa},{ph}

ianobi

Quote{(290xxxxx1)>(xx.):SP1},{(290xxxxx2>(xx.):SP2},{(290xxxxx1)>(<**2:>xx.):SP2},{(290xxxxx2)>(<**1:>xx.):SP1},{(290xxxxx1|290xxxxx2)>(<**3:>xx.):SP3},{(290xxxxx1|290xxxxx2)>(<**4:>xx.):SP4},{(290xxxxx1|290xxxxx2):aa},{ph}
This would work, but as you observe no processing through the relevant Mspx would take place. To make that happen simply replace each xx. rule with the relevant Mspx.

QuoteBut I really would like to know what changes to make to my super-deluxe version to make my apps use their own default line.
I think this rule should be doing that:
{(Mcot)>(Mpli):sp1}
Assuming that sp1 is your Phone Port PrimaryLIne

QuoteI dug this up in my files, it was my original ICR and it worked great for all apps using the same default line.
{(290xxxxxx|290xxxxxx|290xxxxxx)>(xx.):SP1},{(290xxxxxx|290xxxxxx|290xxxxxx)>(<**2:>xx.):SP2},{(290xxxxxx|290xxxxxx|290xxxxxx)>(<**8:>xx.):LI},{(290xxxxxx|290xxxxxx|290xxxxxx):aa},{ph}

Nothing wrong with this, but for processing through the DigitMaps xx. should be replaced with Mspx. For the SP1 line xx. could be replaced with Mpli.

Totally out of time here today. Happy to continue in two weeks time  :)

bartt

I'll have gone silent because replies didn't get emailed. Happy to see the discussion upon returning to the forum site.

I'll jump in, in a week and half when I return from a trip.

jimates

Quote from: bartt on October 04, 2012, 01:47:50 PM
I'll have gone silent because replies didn't get emailed. Happy to see the discussion upon returning to the forum site.

I'll jump in, in a week and half when I return from a trip.
That will work, because ianobi is on holiday for 2 weeks.

QBZappy

jimates,

They are both traveling at the same time. What are the odds of that?  :)
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.