News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

delay when calling+cant dial star keys+conference call and callback problems

Started by Wolfi, October 03, 2012, 11:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfi

Hello.

I've bought the Obi110 only for making a calls throughs my iphone\android  .
My PSTN Line has unlimited calls in my country , but I pay alot of money to my cellphone provider, so I bought this product so I'll be able to make calls from my pstn line with my iphone.

Well, I installed the device today. Currently I have 3 problems .
1. When I use my phone (which connected to phone port) to dial a numbers in my country, it takes 20 second untill it makes the call.
Why so much time? I've tried to edit the DialDelay from 500 to lower value but then It wont complete the call , when I change it to 300 I'm hearing my auto provider saying "Call cannot be completed" .Also tried to change DialDigitOnTime, DialDigitOffTime to lower values but no luck. So, is there any way to avoid the 20sec's delay ?

2.Untill today I was able to block my number when I call from my pstn line using the *43 option (this is my pstn provider setting) . After installing the obi110, I cant anymore use *43 , it disconnects the call and I hear this "error sound" .
I've tried to use **8 and then *43 but no luck, still hear the error sound.
Also tried to use the *67#number , but then I hear my auto pstn provider voice saying "The call cannot be completed" .
so I plugged off the obi110 and connected my phone directly to my pstn line, tried using *43 and it worked perfect .  So I guess it's obi110 problem.
Please help me how to use the *43 option so I will be able to make a blocked calls.

3. Before I plugged in the Obi110 I was able to make a conference call. What I did is using my phone which connected to the pstn line, dialing some number wait untill my friends answers . then I need to press the "flash" key, I hear the pstn line again, calling another number of my friend, wait untill my friend answered and then I press again the flash key.Now I have 3 people talking, me and my 2 friends.
However after I plugged the obi110, the conference call cecame disabled , when I dial the first number everything ok, but when I press the flash key I hear the tone, I dial the number but then I hear "there is no service available to complete your call" .
When I press the flash key I want it to flash into the pstn line and not the service voip provider.
Any ideas how to make the pstn conference call working again ?

4. As I said, I bought this device so I could make calls from my iphone trhoughs my pstn line so I will save money and will stop paying alot of $$$ to my cellphone provider.
Well, I'm using the OBIon application for my iPhone and calling to my obi110 to make calls trough option 2 (Make a new call).
But then I found there is another great option  "call back feature" , this option is great because , on option 2 (Make a new call) I'm using my iphone 3G service, when I drive, the 3G signal is very bad and the other side cant hear me well.So the obi110 callback feature should be great for me because it calls me trhoughs the provider antennas.
Anyway, I'm pressing the 3 option "call back feature" and the device is asking for the number then pressing #key.
It works, my obi110 is calling to my number that I provided to him, then I have again 3 options, which are:
1 - calling to my phone port
2 - Make a new call
3 - call back

so I'm pressing 2 to make a call but then I hear the voice "There is no service available to complete your call" .
I dont have any settings of Service Providers because I dont need them.
Well, I hope I didnt confuse you guys, what I want to do, is to make my obi110 calling me when I need it to call me by the callback feature (or any other feature?) , then I want it to connect me to another number using my pstn line. So actually the obi110 is calling me, then it needs to call another number which I need enter. Then I want it to make conference call between me and obi110 and the other number that I've entered to obi110.
Any ideas how can I do that?

I'm sorry for asking too many questions today.
I hope you can help me solving the problems .
Thank you very much!

Wolfi

QBZappy

Quote from: Wolfi on October 03, 2012, 11:37:04 AM

so I'm pressing 2 to make a call but then I hear the voice "There is no service available to complete your call" .

"There is no service available to complete your call" means that you need the ability to make two calls at the same time. In other words, your PSTN line will not suffice to make conference calls (or making another call using option#2) since the PSTN line only handles one call at the time. You will need an additional voice service (trunk) in addition to the existing PSTN line. Some sip services allows more than 1 voice channel per telephone number (trunk).
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Wolfi

Quote from: QBZappy on October 03, 2012, 12:59:42 PM

"There is no service available to complete your call" means that you need the ability to make two calls at the same time. In other words, your PSTN line will not suffice to make conference calls (or making another call using option#2) since the PSTN line only handles one call at the time. You will need an additional voice service (trunk) in addition to the existing PSTN line. Some sip services allows more than 1 voice channel per telephone number (trunk).

Thanks,
What about the conference call,  Questions 3 and 4 ?

QBZappy

Hello.

3. then I need to press the "flash" key, I hear the pstn line again, calling another number of my friend, wait untill my friend answered and then I press again the flash key.

4. "call back feature"

3) Flash hook will not work if the OBi is invovled in the call. Press the # key to bypass the OBi. This will connect you to your PSTN line directly, allowing all the PSTN features to work as you expect them to.

4) Again, you need more than one voice service for this to work.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Wolfi

Quote from: QBZappy on October 03, 2012, 01:46:13 PM
Hello.

3. then I need to press the "flash" key, I hear the pstn line again, calling another number of my friend, wait untill my friend answered and then I press again the flash key.

4. "call back feature"

3) Flash hook will not work if the OBi is invovled in the call. Press the # key to bypass the OBi. This will connect you to your PSTN line directly, allowing all the PSTN features to work as you expect them to.

4) Again, you need more than one voice service for this to work.

Regarding access the phone line without obi involved . when I press # I hear the tone, then I press the digit keys but I keep hearing the tone, it look like it ignores what I'm pressing .
How to solve it ?

Thanks

QBZappy

Wolfi,

There are some settings to try in the OBi, however an easier thing to try first is to replace the phone with another one, preferably a regular corded phone.

Wolfi

Thank you, I can make calls to star keys now with the # option.

However I still have problem with the delay (question number 1 in main thread) .

Moreover, how can I dial the star codes if I use the obion application from my iphone ? I'm pressing the second option to start a new call but I cannot dial a star codes or short numbers....

Thanks

QBZappy

Wolfi,

After pressing the #, the OBi is not involved in the call. There should not be any delay coming from the OBi.

Wolfi

Yeah thanks.

Moreover, how can I dial the star codes if I use the obion application from my iphone ? I'm pressing the second option to start a new call but I cannot dial a star codes or short numbers....