News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

ObiTalk Status: Amber

Started by exclaimed, October 05, 2012, 12:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exclaimed

I have tried every trick in the book, but the status of OBi110 is offline (Amber). This has never happened to me before, I have had OBi110 for more than six months now.

Is the OBitalk server out of action for google voice? A background server problem or is there a problem on my end?

After I get these answers I will post more info.
Oh and one more thing, I am using Google Voice.

QBZappy

The OBiTALK portal online status lights has never been 100% reliable since day one. You can not base any conclusions if the services on the OBi units are active based on this. The services seem to be usually online despite the amber colored light. The only way to know with certainty is to make a test call when in doubt.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

exclaimed

I've tried the test call and this is what I receive, "There is no service available to complete your call."

QBZappy

If GV was working before, then there might be an issue with either GV or the OBi. Unplug the OBi and try calling using the GTALK client in GMAIL. If the call fails the problem is with GV.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

exclaimed

Thanks for your help QBZappy.
However the solution was relative to the routers settings. Just as I factory reset my router ,made a test call and there you go. However before I reached this solution, I went next door and tested OBi on my neighbors router and to my surprise it worked. Then I realized the problem existed not in Obi, but in the router, thus I factory reset my router and it worked.