News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help!!!

Started by vmcmahon, October 05, 2012, 01:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vmcmahon

Hi guys - I need help with a problem that starting to cost me with clients getting annoyed. I have obi 202, with 2 google voice # and a call centric number. Now I know call centric is down today, so I have bypassed them for now.

The problem is consistent. When I make an outgoing call, one side of the call goes dead on almost all calls. By this I mean, The distant end hears me talking, but I cannot hear them ( Most frequent) this can last from 5 seconds to 20 seconds. Or, the distant end cannot hear me, but I can hear them ( Happens less frequent)

I have updated the OBI to latest firmware. I have a DLINK DIR-655, with a cablevision internet connection. This is starting to impact my business. How can I pinpoint what this could be and address

I appreciate someone advising me

regards

vincent McMahon

QBZappy

Quote from: vmcmahon on October 05, 2012, 01:25:58 PM
I have a DLINK DIR-655

Many people here have reported that they need to disable ALG setting to work with this router.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

vmcmahon

Thanks QBZappy. Not wanting to sound silly - but is this setting in the obi or router?

QBZappy

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

vmcmahon

ok -thanks. So I found the setting. there were 4 different check boxes under firewall rules

PPTP :    
IPSec (VPN) :    
RTSP :    
SIP :   

I unchecked them all and so far this morning, we have not had any dead air during conversations. I will come back if this is not the final solution. thanks