Device Web Configuration Page Automatically Logs Me In

Started by harpo, March 21, 2011, 10:41:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harpo

When I type in my IP address for my OBi110 it automatically logs me in.  I don't have save my credentials selected.  Souldn't I have to log in everytime I use the web portal?

jimates

When you log into your web interface you will remain logged in unless you log out (click user login) or reset the configuration. Navigating away from the web page does not log you out.

harpo

#2
Quote from: jimates on March 21, 2011, 11:56:46 AM
When you log into your web interface you will remain logged in unless you log out (click user login) or reset the configuration. Navigating away from the web page does not log you out.

There isn't an option to log out.There's two buttons user login and reboot.  Plus when I go to user login and enter my info it just keeps coming back to enter info.  It doesn't take my user name or password.  I'm using admin for name and a password I setup.

jimates

Once you click on "user login" it logs you out, and gives you the box to log back in.
Just don't log back in and you will remain logged out.

harpo

#4
Quote from: jimates on March 21, 2011, 01:04:06 PM
Once you click on "user login" it logs you out, and gives you the box to log back in.
Just don't log back in and you will remain logged out.

When I type the ip address in my browser it brings up the portal already signed in.  Plus it doesn't take my user name and password.

When I do what your telling me it just brings back the box to log in and won't let me because it won't take my user name or password.

RonR

Try closing your browser and deleting temporary Internet files through Control Panel -> Internet Options before opening your browser again.

harpo

That works for the first time then it doesn't let me log out again.

RonR

Then set Internet Options to always delete Temporary Internet files when you close the browser.  Your issue is with your browser, not with the OBi.

harpo

They need to add a log out button.  

harpo

Quote from: RonR on March 21, 2011, 01:29:34 PM
Then set Internet Options to always delete Temporary Internet files when you close the browser.  Your issue is with your browser, not with the OBi.

Why is it that it only does this with this program?  I have several places I visit that don't keep me logged in as long as I don't check save my settings.  Again a sign out button would solve this.

harpo

If I have several tabs open in my browser it won't logoff even with deleting temporary files upon exit.  The only way it works is if I completely close out of IE.

jimates

it's a device on your own network, like your router or computers. You aren't visiting the www for the web interface. Your security settings should make it as safe as any other device on your network.

harpo

Quote from: jimates on March 21, 2011, 01:59:53 PM
it's a device on your own network, like your router or computers. You aren't visiting the www for the web interface. Your security settings should make it as safe as any other device on your network.

I understand that but I should have the option to logoff from within the program.

jimates

Well, for me, as many times as I visit my device I am glad I don't have to log into it.

harpo

Quote from: jimates on March 21, 2011, 02:23:07 PM
Well, for me, as many times as I visit my device I am glad I don't have to log into it.

I understand the convience but if my kids were to get into it they could cause alot of problems.

QBZappy

harpo,

Perhaps you can use an alternate browser for the administration of the OBi, which the kids won't be using. This will prevent the problem of the kids from being able to access your OBi unit.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

harpo

Quote from: QBZappy on March 21, 2011, 02:32:02 PM
harpo,

Perhaps you can use an alternate browser for the administration of the OBi, which the kids won't be using. This will prevent the problem of the kids from being able to access your OBi unit.

I can do that but they still have access to that browser as well.  I logoff button would be the best solution.

QBZappy

harpo,

You didn't mention what browser you are using. Remember to delete any user name/passwords that you may have said yes to remember in the browser. Each browser has a different way to delete stored passwords.


Try it.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

harpo

I'm using ie8 and I'm not saving the user name and password but it still stays in the cache.  I hope they put and signoff/logout button.  This would make life so much easier.