News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

2 gv accounts - telephone rings only on SP2

Started by DaddyJas, October 10, 2012, 02:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaddyJas

I have an OBi 100 connected to 2 GV accounts.  My plain old telephone is the only connection out.  GV is set to forward to Google Chat and my a cellphone on both GV accounts.  GV is set identical on both.  Only calls on SP2 ring on the telephone, while both ring on the proper cell phone.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice.  This worked when I first installed before the firmware update.  I must have SP1 ringing since it is my prime local number.  How should I go about shooting this bug?

jimates

check to see if it shows as connected on your dashboard
make sure you do not have your gmail that you are using on sp1 open in a browser window
make sure you do not have any smart phone apps running that use the same gmail credentials

check the inbound call route for sp1, it should include - ph
check the settings at google voice for a customised ring schedule

DaddyJas

Thanks for your reply.  I do use my Google Mail / Voice account for multiple things and it stays open.  Following earlier advice I created another Google Mail account, pointed all the incoming mail from it to my main account, then transferred the Voice account to the new GM account.  There is a good write-up on this if you Google "Transfer Google Voice to a new account".  I changed my OBi setup for SP1 to the new Gmail account, it verified and, voila, the phones all ring.  I feel much safer that my OBi account does not contain the name and password of my Google documents, etc.  I have been in this business too long to ignore one of the basic rules.  DO NOT PUT ALL YOURS EGGS IN ONE BASKET!  I think that I will be creating more email accounts to manage the various internet assets that I own.

jimates