News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Canada Caller Id - OBi110

Started by brucester4, October 17, 2012, 01:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brucester4

Has anyone got caller ID working correctly in Canada?  I sent an email to support and they suggested that I post the question here in case anyone has a solution:

Caller ID is not working on the line port.  I have increased the Ring Delay as suggested in the support forum and it has not changed.  The Caller ID is not shown in the Call History and the telephone shows nothing in the Caller List.  The Caller ID works correctly with Google Voice and Anveo.  The telco is Bell Aliant in Nova Scotia Canada.  I have read that the Caller ID system is different in Canada and that may be the problem?  Is there any other troubleshooting steps I can take?

QBZappy

brucester4,

Welcome.
The default setting works for me:
Physical Interfaces=>LINE Port=>CallerIDDetectMethod = FSK (Bell 202)
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

CoalMinerRetired

You didn't mention, so I'll ask:

1. The Bell Aliant line has Caller ID enabled?
2. You can plug a Caller ID capable handset directly into that line, (i.e., eliminating the Obi110) and receive a valid Caller ID?
3. With the Line port plugged into the Obi110, and receiving a call from the same incoming number, you do or do not see Caller ID.  

Based on this "the Caller ID is not shown in the Call History and the telephone shows nothing in the Caller List," or if you answer no to 2, and no to 3, possibly this is the issue.

brucester4

CoalMinerRetired:

1, Yes, Caller ID is enabled.
2. Yes,I can receive valid caller ID on the handset directly plugged into the line.
3. No, I don't see Caller ID with the line port plugged in.

QBZappy

brucester4 ,

1) Not sure what this setting does, however it looks interesting. Try incrementing (+/- ) this value.
Physical Interfaces=>LINE Port=>DTMFPlaybackLevel
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

brucester4

Changing DTMFPlaybackLevel level doesn't seem to have any effect.

QBZappy

brucester4,

If you can setup a syslog on the OBi, you will quickly find out what it is receiving in the form of CID. I suspect nothing is picked up, since it is not in the call history. A syslog reading would confirm this.

Here are a couple of free portable syslog servers you can use if you like:
http://www.vercot.com/~serva/
http://tftpd32.jounin.net/tftpd32_download.html

brucester4

Here is the syslog output when the line rings:

<7> [DAA]: FXO ONHOOK MONITOR
<7> [DAA]: FXO ring on
<7>
  • Ring On
    <7> FXO:NewTermState:ringing
    <7> fxo: cp proceeding
    <7> [SLIC]:Slic#0 OFF HOOK
    <7> [DAA]: FXO OFFHOOK
    <7> [DAA]: detecting disconnect tone, reinit: 0
    <7> FXO:NewTermState:offhook
    <7> FXO:Stop Tone
    <7> [DAA] FXO ring off
    <7> [SLIC]:Slic#0 ONHOOK
    <7> [DAA]: FXO ONHOOK MONITOR
    <7> FXO:NewTermState:onhook

I also discovered that the phone works much better at an ACImpedance of 900.  I was getting echos at 600.

Bruce

brucester4

I connected the OBi110 to a different jack and the Caller ID worked, so it must have been related to that extension.

Update: Almost all the Caller ID problems went away when I removed an old DSL filter which was not needed as I am using Fibre Op connection now.  Only issue now is that private numbers don't appear on the display as they did when connected directly to the phone line.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

Bruce