News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 setup of line 1 and 2, phone port 1 and 2

Started by Techheads, October 19, 2012, 07:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techheads

I am have trouble getting the following config set up on an Obi202 and would appreciate any guidance. Hopefully, I've made the following clear enough to understand.

I recently ported 2 Verizon numbers...the first went one to Callcentric (SP1) and the other to Voip.ms (SP2). I have standard 2-line telephones connected to the Obi's physical phone port 1. Inbound calls are received/routed correctly meaning the Voip.ms calls are answered on line 1 of the phones and the Callcentric calls are answered on line 2. Inbound calls are logged correctly on each provider's logs. So far so good...

First problem: Line 1 outbound calls are billing to the line 2 account and line 2 calls are billing to the line account. I want each line's outbound call to be billed to the appropriate ITSP  meaning line 1 calls use Voip.ms and line 2 calls use Callcentric.

Second minor issue, just an annoyance really, is that I can't seem to figure out how to set physical port 2 to mirror the behavior of physical port 1. I only connect to my existing wiring infrastructure via physical port 1 but I want to learn how to make this happen anyway. Maybe the Obi's GUI should have a simple check box to allow this. Or, do I need to have distinct settings on physical port 2 to solve problem one above instead of using dialing prefixes?

Thanks in advance...

QBZappy

Quote from: Techheads on October 19, 2012, 07:28:52 AM
Second minor issue, just an annoyance really, is that I can't seem to figure out how to set physical port 2 to mirror the behavior of physical port 1. I only connect to my existing wiring infrastructure via physical port 1 but I want to learn how to make this happen anyway. Maybe the Obi's GUI should have a simple check box to allow this. Or, do I need to have distinct settings on physical port 2 to solve problem one above instead of using dialing prefixes?

I'm not certain if I understood you correctly, however I think the following is what you may be looking for. If you want both Phone port 1 and 2 to have the same behavior, you can associate the same Profile X to whatever Primary line you configured the Primary line to.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

QBZappy

Quote from: Techheads on October 19, 2012, 07:28:52 AM

First problem: Line 1 outbound calls are billing to the line 2 account and line 2 calls are billing to the line account. I want each line's outbound call to be billed to the appropriate ITSP  meaning line 1 calls use Voip.ms and line 2 calls use Callcentric.

An easy way to solve this would be to prefix your call with **1 or **2 in order to force the calls over their respective voip services.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

jimates

as soon as I read this I figured there was a problem.

Callcentric (SP1) and the other to Voip.ms (SP2). I have standard 2-line telephones connected to the Obi's physical phone port 1. Inbound calls are received/routed correctly meaning the Voip.ms calls are answered on line 1 of the phones and the Callcentric calls are answered on line 2. Inbound calls are logged correctly on each provider's logs.

It seems that even though calls from CC come in on line 2, when you place a call on line 2 it is using voip.ms.

When you set it up on your dashboard you selected which phone would ring for each service and you also selected which service each phone would use by default. Go back to your dashboard and reconfigure each service. If voip.ms (sp2) is set to ring phone 1; also make sure phone 1 is set to use sp2 as the Primary Line for Outgoing Calls

make sure they match
Make This Service the Primary Line to Call Out From   Phone 1  Phone 2   
Incoming Calls Will Ring On                                   Phone 1  Phone 2

Techheads

Jimates, thanks very much!...your reply before you edited it was the fix for the outbound calling issue on physical port 1, changing "Physical Interface> Phone port 1> Primary Line" to SP1 Service resulted in routing outbound calls on both lines to the correct ITSP, although I don't understand why. I'm not sure of the relationship, if there even is one, among any physical port, the actual 2 pairs of contacts within the phone port, and the above parameter, "Primary Line". I think there is a difference in semantics between the Obi and what I understand as standard, POTS norms which to me means primary line is the inner 2 connections on a phone jack.

However, physical port 2 is still not configured correctly. Incoming calls to phone line 1 do complete or ring; inbound calls to phone line 2 ring as line 1 on the phones.

I think I need some additional info on cloning physical port 2 settings to match physical port 1's settings

jimates

if you go to your dashboard and click on the device, at the bottom is a summary of the port/service settings.

Phone Port Configuration Summary

Phone 1        Phone 2
Primary Line for Outgoing Calls Route to:    SP1                SP3
Phone Rings on Incoming Calls from:            SP1,SP2       SP3,SP4
Voicemail Notification Alert from:       
Emergency Service Call Routes to:    Not Configured    Not Configured

Techheads

Quote from: jimates on October 19, 2012, 09:18:06 AM
if you go to your dashboard and click on the device, at the bottom is a summary of the port/service settings.

Phone Port Configuration Summary

Phone 1        Phone 2
Primary Line for Outgoing Calls Route to:    SP1                SP3
Phone Rings on Incoming Calls from:            SP1,SP2       SP3,SP4
Voicemail Notification Alert from:       
Emergency Service Call Routes to:    Not Configured    Not Configured

Jimates, I'm no longer using the ObiTalk portal. Is there somewhere on the LAN GUI where I can see the same summary?

jimates

no.
check the voice services -> sp1 service -> x_inboundcallroute to see which phone the service is ringing. Do the same for sp2

then check the physical interfaces -> phone port 1 -> PrimaryLine to see which service the calls are going to go out on.

Techheads

Voice Services>SP1 Service>x_InboundCallRoute is ph2
Voice Services>SP2 Service>x_InboundCallRoute is ph

Physical Interfaces>Phone1 Port>PrimaryLine is SP2 Service
Physical Interfaces>Phone2 Port>PrimaryLine is SP2 Service and I have also tried this set to SP1 Service

Still no joy...Using Physical phone port 2:
       Inbound line 2 calls display as line 1 on the phone.
       Inbound calls to line 1 do not ring but the line 1 LED on the Obi flashes indicating activity.
       Also no dial tone on line 2, unable to make outbound calls.