News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Anyone else experiencing device instabilities when CallCentric is up and down?

Started by CoalMinerRetired, October 19, 2012, 11:37:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoalMinerRetired

On an Obi202, I am seeing a lot of unwanted behavior when CallCentric is up and down:

- Random reboots, including but not always when on a call.
- Odd delays in getting dial tone when I first pick up a a handset. It can take from 0 to several, five or six, seconds to hear a dial tone.
- Opening the web portal and seeing the icon Reboot Required, when I nothing was changed since last access.

I have two GV and CC numbers configured, CC for inbound calls only (GV > CC with CMAM and e911). Of course the Obi doesn't know the CC #s are used for inbound only.

When CC registration drops in and out, it affects the entire device making it unusable at times. I would have thought an unreachable voice service, any one, not just CC, would be handled gracefully by the device. The workaround to make the device usable for me is to disable and remove the two CC configurations. But that is getting old.

Any tips or insights appreciated.

CoalMinerRetired

No. And I cannot find that parameter in my device, or in the Admin Manual. Am I missing something?

QBZappy

X_NoRegNoCall setting can only be found on the OBi202 under "Voice Services=>SPX Service". This is one of the features which differentiates itself from the previous models.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

ianmacd

CoalMinerRetired

Quote from: QBZappy on October 19, 2012, 01:07:40 PM
X_NoRegNoCall setting can only be found on the OBi202 under "Voice Services=>SPX Service". This is one of the features which differentiates itself from the previous models.
Well I see it now. I tried searching for it in a browser window and didn't get a match.

I'll echo the previous poster, do we know exactly what it does?

EDIT: What does it do? Per here, "X_NoRegNoCall, if enabled, do not allow incoming or outgoing calls on that SP service."

QBZappy

"X_NoRegNoCall, if enabled, do not allow incoming or outgoing calls on that SP service."

If the service is not registered, it is implied that there is no ability to make or receive a call. There must be a specific use case with which this ability would be useful, but it really is not too obvious.

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

CoalMinerRetired

I'm thinking it might be related to the recently introduced field ToneOnPrimaryServiceDown.  Haven't read any documentation to indicate this, just a hunch.

ProfTech

I'm not a 202 owner but on the 110 if you are using CallCentric [and probably any other provider who requires registration] you still get a dial tone and are completely able to dial a number even though you are not registered. But if you dial there is a very long delay before you hear " There is no response from the service provider". I would guess on the 202 you either will not hear dial tone when you pick up the hand set, or would get a message immediately after dialing. The SPA3102 simply will not give you a dial tone if you are not registered.

jxzz

CallCentric had problems over past 2 weeks due to hacking.   My obi100 device was down for 2 weeks and got it working over the weekend with the help from forum:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r27591360-CallCentric-tech-issues-today-~start=1100

See hmishra's posting on his Obi setting for CC.   

Until Callcentric officially declare success on this, I think callcentric is going to be unstable due to the ongoing hacking.

CoalMinerRetired

Quote from: jxzz on October 22, 2012, 01:17:36 PM
CallCentric had problems over past 2 weeks due to hacking.   My obi100 device was down for 2 weeks and got it working over the weekend with the help from forum:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r27591360-CallCentric-tech-issues-today-~start=1100

See hmishra's posting on his Obi setting for CC.   

Until Callcentric officially declare success on this, I think callcentric is going to be unstable due to the ongoing hacking.
I am aware of all this.  Since posting this I've learned other people are seeing instability and random reboots also.

The issue that is worrisome for me is my 202 was unstable even when the two CC SPs were disabled.  I got past that by following some of the results posted on that very thread. What I learned is successful obi configurations are a combination of 'does your DNS server return a correct UDP packet?', in combination with 'does your router re-format or otherwise handle the UDO packet gracefully?'

My Obi202 finds some combinations of the bad or truncated packets to be cause enough to reboot. At least that's mu conclusion, I now have got a working combination of of DNS servers and callcentric.com servers configured.  So far my device has been up for almost three days. That is a new record over the past two weeks.

CoalMinerRetired

After a solid three and a half days of uninterrupted uptime, my device did a random reboot again. So I'm back to disabling the CC voice services until things stabilize or a firmware update addresses the reboot issue.

pedro

My Obi110 has gotten so bad it's rebooting every 2-3 minutes tonight.  Completely unacceptable in my opinion.  I have since disabled CC on my Obi110 and the device returned to 100% stable operation.  WTH!  ???

jimates

I have deleted CC from my devices due to reboots every few minutes.

CoalMinerRetired

Quote from: jimates on October 23, 2012, 09:47:27 PM
I have deleted CC from my devices due to reboots every few minutes.
And I just received my $1.50 USD billing notice.

Are you going to keep CC or look for an alternative?

jimates

I only used the free DID to get CNAM. I didn't set up 911 so I am not paying anything. They haven't posted anything new on their site. I will try it again in a few days to see if it stabilizes any.

HMishra

As much as I wish CallCentric survive the ongoing DDoS attack and continue to be successful as a provider of excellent VOIP service, I was forced to submit a DID port out request just last evening to a competitor.

After all, with the intermittent outage having lasted more than 2 weeks now, I need a working phone! Oh well. So for now, I have setup SIP forwarding on my CC account to the new provider and deleted CC service from my Obi.
Obi 202

Ostracus

Well looks like I get to join the crowd. Apparently it affects my VoIP.ms account with "484 Address Incomplete" and when I look at call status during a call I get the "no resource" error. Not to mention phantom disconnects.

mick44

I tried this out from the CC website and so far it has seemed to help

OBIHAI

***OBITALK Users need to enter OBI EXPERT CONFIGURATION FOR THESE SETTINGS***

Service Providers > ITSP Profile > SIP
ProxyServer = callcentric.com
RegistrarServer = callcentric.com
UserAgentDomain = callcentric.com
OutboundProxy = callcentric.com OR srv.callcentric.com (You can use either server, please test and configure this setting accordingly)
X_ProxyServerRedundancy = Checked

fathom

That was my settings (so I can fax T.38) but still a problem.
Temporarily disable faxing through callcentric until this DoS resolves