News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Strange calls

Started by Suprazz, October 22, 2012, 04:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suprazz

Hi,

I had an issue with my obi110 this night.

Currently I have 1 obi110 and 1 pap2t in my appartement. The two in the same ring group on voip.ms so the two phones ring at the same time when I receive a call.

But this night, the phone connected on the obi110 start to ring for nothing. The caller id was 555-0000 and I received 4 calls in a row (in 2 minutes) and after I unplugged the obi110.

The phone never rang with my pap2t.

Any ideas?

ianobi

Hi Suprazz,

Welcome to the forum  :)

I think you may well be a victim of the SIP scanners. Read through this for various ideas on how to deal with it:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=4067.msg26917#msg26917

Whatever world timezone you are in they always call in the middle of the night  ::)

Suprazz

why do my other phone didn't ring? Because I was using another port than the standard 5060 port?

ianobi

Yes, that's likely to be the answer. It seems that the scanners go through lists of IP addresses testing port 5060 as it is the default for SIP devices.

5060 is the default UserAgentPort for sp1 on the OBi. You can change it to another port. I use 5070 and 5071 for sp1 and sp2 on my OBi110.

giqcass

I'm new to the OBI but isn't the OBI number active by default?  Maybe another OBI user dialed through the OBI network.  I haven't made any OBI to OBI calls so I don't know what would appear on the caller ID.  I can say the sip scanner seems plausible. I used to forward direct connections to my PAP2NA without registration.  It can be useful when you have multiple services connecting to a single line.
Long live our new ObiLords!

ianobi

giqcas,

Yes, by default any OBi can call any other OBi. If you look in Call History (via the web page), then Caller ID, which appears as "Peer Number", will show as a nine digit number. You can test this by using your softphone number to call your OBi device - it will show up as 290xxxxxx.

Unexpected calls are more likely to be from sip scanners. See:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=4067.msg26917#msg26917