News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OB110 register packet lost

Started by alex_w, October 23, 2012, 04:56:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alex_w

Dear Obitalk forum,

I have recently moved house, taking my OB110 from one ISP to another. My old ISP was a simple DSL setup for which I had managed to get my OBI working. My new ISP (which is a fibre to the property ISP with gigabit connection to the internet) and router seem to reject the register packet coming out of my OBI. I can see it on the wire using wireshark, but there is never any reply. I have tried to run the OBI on my neighbour's ADSL connection and it is able to register with no problems. So my suspicion is that the FTTP router is somehow dropping the register packet. My SIP provider is sipgate.co.uk.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might proceed? I've switched the OB110 to full-duplex 100Mbs mode to no avail. If anyone is interested I can post the wireshark capture of successful (on ADSL) and unsuccessful (on Gigaclear - my FTTP provider) registration.

Thanks for any help - looking for a workaround now.

Alex

alex_w

By the way, I've also tried changing all the ports to 5160 (also supported by sipgate.co.uk) in order to bypass any sip alg issues in my router. No luck. Also added a STUN server. No luck.

RoyH

Quote from: alex_w on October 23, 2012, 04:56:11 AM
My new ISP (which is a fibre to the property ISP with gigabit connection to the internet) and router seem to reject the register packet coming out of my OBI. I can see it on the wire using wireshark, but there is never any reply. I have tried to run the OBI on my neighbour's ADSL connection and it is able to register with no problems.

I had a similar problem when moving.  My issue was that my new ISP was not allowing inbound traffic to UDP port 5060 (outbound traffic was okay), probably because they offer their own VOIP service.  I fixed it by changing the UDP source port for SIP registration to something else (e.g. 8000) by modifying X_UserAgentPort on the Voice Services/SPx Service configuration page.