News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Forum PM verification image does not show up

Started by oleg, March 22, 2011, 04:34:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oleg

When sending or replying to PM verification image on the form does not show up - effectively making PM or PM response impossible.

MichiganTelephone

Oleg, try using a different web browser.  I usually have at least four on any system I use regularly (for example Firefox, Opera, Chrome, and Safari) and I actually have come across pages that only work correctly on one or two of those, and not always the same ones.

Also note that if you run certain types of security add-ons (such as NoScript under Firefox) it can cause certain pages not to work, unless you whitelist that site in the software or allow scripts to run, etc.  And even then there are times when using a different browser may be the only thing that works.  For example, using the OBiTALK portal, I can't get tooltips (what you see when you mouse over the symbols) to display in Firefox, but they work fine in Safari (and yet I will bet that not all Firefox users have that problem - it probably depends on which add-ons you are running).
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

oleg

Hi

Sure I did - checked a few different versions of IE and Chrome on several computers. I am well aware about browser differences (and a ton of other web related things). I do not have any add-ons and unusual browser settings...
BTW, if that is/was browser specific - it still not a client side problem.

Anyway, that was confirmed a known problem...

---oleg

MichiganTelephone

Sorry, oleg, I didn't realize you were pretty much an expert on this sort of thing - I just saw the "newbie" tag under your name and thought maybe you didn't realize that different browsers can yield different results.

I'll go back and hide somewhere now.  :-[
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

OBiSupport

The PM visual verification code has been fixed. 
Please let us know if you continue to experience any issues.