News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 frequently rebooting tonight...?

Started by tome, October 23, 2012, 04:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tome

My Obi110 seems to be spontaneously rebooting today/this evening. Is there a way to tell why?
Tom

pedro

Mines doing the same thing.  I disabled Callcentric from my device and it stopped rebooting itself.  I have submitted another worthless ticket to CC about it.  I'm sure they'll blame it on the hackers.

Anybody know of another (stable) e911 service?

tome

I tried enabling syslog and am getting some messages but nothing specific enough to tell me WHY the thing keeps rebooting.  I only use Callcentric to get CallerID on incoming calls from Google Voice.  So, I unregistered from Callcentric and set my GV settings back to default (directly to the Obi110) and now it isn't rebooting.
Annoying,
Tom

mrjoe

You may want to make a Backup, restore factory settings and then restore.
It may not make sense but I've always found it calms things down.

QBZappy

Quote from: tome on October 23, 2012, 08:14:19 PM
I only use Callcentric to get CallerID on incoming calls from Google Voice.  So, I unregistered from Callcentric and set my GV settings back to default (directly to the Obi110) and now it isn't rebooting.

I think a device such as the OBi ATA should have the smarts built in the firmware to prevent a reboot. For whatever reason the OBi reboots, it mimics a configuration change via the OBiTALK expert configuration page. I haven't seen any other circumstance where a loss of registration with a SP initiates a reboot. The problems with CC may have exposed a design flaw in the OBi.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Ostracus

I've been wondering since the news broke if a SIP proxy would help isolate the ATA from the problem?*

*Some other advantages as well.

Hortoristic

PEDRO - I use voip.ms for e911 - $1.50 a month.  I've even had opportunity to call 911 and it worked well.

fathom

Quote from: pedro on October 23, 2012, 04:49:03 PM
Mines doing the same thing.  I disabled Callcentric from my device and it stopped rebooting itself.  I have submitted another worthless ticket to CC about it.  I'm sure they'll blame it on the hackers.

Anybody know of another (stable) e911 service?

Ditto, doing that just today with my obi202 .
I was using callcentric free calling out just for a fax line.
Deleted the callcentric sp3 and problem solved.
I was going crazy up to this point!

ProfTech

Wednesday night 10/25 - My 110 did indeed begin rebooting spontaneously, randomly, and frequently tonight. I had noticed that registration times began looking odd when this all started with CC 3 weeks ago. Since we have seen all of the flap about DNS SRV and having experienced some issues along that line myself, I decided to experiment with some settings. I set ProxyServer, RegistrarServer, OutboundProxy, and UserAgentDomain ALL back to "callcentric.com". Next I turned Off [UNchecked] ProxyServerRedundancy AND X_DnsSrvAutoPrefix. I also reset my DNS Server entries in the Obi to my standard ISP DNS servers as I had determined a day or two ago that they should be working fine. After a reboot, it was quite enlightening. My re-register times now look normal. They begin at about 85 seconds after a reboot and increment by 1 second upon each re-register. As of last count it was at 131 seconds. Note that the Obi [110] will always re-register when 1/2 of the time has expired. I currently have the "RegistrationPeriod" set at 250 which will cause the Obi to reboot every 125 seconds if the CC servers will allow it to increment that high. Have to wait and see.

SECONDLY: The reboots immediately stopped. Will have to wait a day or two to see if it remains stable. Maybe this info can help someone else.

*EDITED* With the settings above [including X_DnsSrvAutoPrefix NOT checked] the unit only registered on port 5060 which didn't seem quite right so I left everything shown as above but Checked X_DnsSrvAutoPrefix. Now the unit appears to be following Callcentrics suggestions regarding both which server and which port to use. It seems like ProxyServerRedundancy and registering to a second server may have been driving the OBI crazy. Have to wait and see.