News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

202: Can I change the Phone Line 2 call out number from primary?

Started by Conniemadagain, October 23, 2012, 06:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conniemadagain

Any way to change the call out number for phone line 2?

When I call out now on phone line 2 the caller id on the receiving phone shows Phone line one Sp1 number (primary).

I would like phone line 2's number to show ...

thanks ...

jimates

There is no spoofing, so if the number is showing up is for sp1; it is likely that the calls are going out on sp1. Dialing from phone 2 doesn't mean the call is going out on sp2.

Go back to your dashboard and reconfigure the service on sp2. Check these two settings
"Make This Service the Primary Line to Call Out From"           Phone 1  Phone 2   
"Incoming Calls Will Ring On"                                           Phone 1  Phone 2

Conniemadagain

Thank you ... will try and report back !!!

Quote from: jimates on October 23, 2012, 08:34:32 PM
There is no spoofing, so if the number is showing up is for sp1; it is likely that the calls are going out on sp1. Dialing from phone 2 doesn't mean the call is going out on sp2.

Go back to your dashboard and reconfigure the service on sp2. Check these two settings
"Make This Service the Primary Line to Call Out From"           Phone 1  Phone 2   
"Incoming Calls Will Ring On"                                           Phone 1  Phone 2

Conniemadagain

Got it and so simple !!!

On phone line two SP3 config as you suggested I checked:
"Make This Service the Primary Line to Call Out From"             Phone 2

that was all there was to it !!!

Perfect ... thank you !!!

Quote from: jimates on October 23, 2012, 08:34:32 PM