News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Callcentric issues

Started by Judgeless, October 25, 2012, 12:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOIPisGreat

callcentric site is back online, I am able to register to it from my obi, but the phone would not ring when I called my DID.

Rick

I contacted VoIP.ms and verified that I can get E911 for the same as Callcentric, BUT I have to obtain a phone number for $.99 a month and a $.50 setup charge, so that makes it $30 a year instead of $18.

While E911 is valuable, the two of us are able to communicate where we live to the 911 operator.  I will continue to research E911 options, I want to pick the most reliable, not the least expensive or least reliable.

With Callcentric's site up I logged in and cancelled my account and requested a refund. 

I also had hoped to post the particulars about how Callcentric's E911 database (managed by a third party) had had some issues a while back, but when I logged on I discovered that their Trouble Ticket system deletes old closed tickets at a certain point (and all emails to you regarding the trouble ticket provide no info except a link to the ticket, so I can't go back into my emails and provide further info).  Suffice it to say that earlier in the year (end of March?) I was testing the 911 number after I had a problem with the OBi, and discovered that the E911 database was not providing the correct info.  Callcentric looked into it and discovered that their third party provider had an issue, which they fixed.  However, it made me concerned regarding the reliability of this service I was paying for.  Now, with the denial of service attacks and the power outage, I've decided to not use them any longer. 

QBZappy

Quote from: Rick on November 01, 2012, 05:30:40 AM
With Callcentric's site up I logged in and cancelled my account and requested a refund. 

Just asking, did you first port out your number in case you wanted to keep it?
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Rick

Quote from: QBZappy on November 01, 2012, 06:00:48 AM

Just asking, did you first port out your number in case you wanted to keep it?

I did not.  It was a Callcentric 777 number, which I never used.  I only signed up with them for E911, using GV for my main service.  So I don't need the number for anything.

hardly

I contacted VoIP.ms and verified that I can get E911 for the same as Callcentric, BUT I have to obtain a phone number for $.99 a month and a $.50 setup charge, so that makes it $30 a year instead of $18.
. . .

Are you saying that for $18 per year you expect a five nines SLA?

Judgeless

They are back up.  My service is not working.  I am gettting this error.

Register Failed: No Response From Server (server=204.11.192.164:5060; retrying)

It worked before the outage using the new DNS setting.  Any advice?

ProfTech

My 110 locked up completely this morning. Powering down modem, router, and 110 then bringing modem, router, and 110 back up [in that order] got it going again. Callcentric seems to be having trouble getting the re-registration timers synced up since they restarted every thing last night. Setting RegistrationPeriod to 100 in the Obi SIP section may help also.

Judgeless

I have been playing around after many reboots both my lines are working.  After one reboot the OBI110 never rebooted.  I had to go in the basement and remove power to get it working.

carl

Quote from: hardly on November 01, 2012, 11:36:16 AM
. . .

Are you saying that for $18 per year you expect a five nines SLA?

Apparently what the OP rightfully expects is a reliable 911 service, not that cheap for $ 18./year. If not reliable= worth nothing.

hardly

Quote from: carl on November 01, 2012, 07:54:59 PM
Apparently what the OP rightfully expects is a reliable 911 service, not that cheap for $ 18./year. If not reliable= worth nothing.

Then it would seem that his choices are either a five nines SLA, a backup plan with an additional provider(s), or a POTS line.