News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 has no dial tone when internet connection flaps

Started by crackie, October 27, 2012, 07:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crackie

Has anyone noticed that when their internet connection flaps or drops that their Obi202 loses service until you manually reboot it?  I still get dial tone (since that comes from the Obi itself) but after I dial a call it just sits there silent.  I don't get the usual "cannot connect your call" message that Obi normally produces.

I just moved from a 110 to the 202.  The 110 doesn't have this issue.  I can disconnect and re-connect the internet connection all day long and the 110 won't have this issue.  It will find internet connectivity after the flap and complete calls.  The 202 never finds connectivity again after a flap.

Ellen

Yes.  I was wondering why my dial tone disappeared and found your message.  I am using an Obi202 too.

TesterObi202

My Obi202 is experiencing the same issue.
The device used to work well for a few days, and I was able to make calls and receive calls at both lines. However, after days of using the device I received a notification for a new firmware update. I updated device and it worked fine for a while. However, I've noticed that every-time the Internet goes down, the obi202 stops working, and there is not tone, and device can not receive nor make calls. I have to unplug device and after restarting it works again for a while.  I paid for a brand new device that is supposed to be reliable, no for something that has become useless and unreliable!!! I hope obi solves this issue asap. Other users are experiencing same issue:

http://www.amazon.com/OBi202-Phone-Adapter-Router-2-Phone/product-reviews/B007D930YO/ref=cm_cr_dp_synop/176-9138806-7792615?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending#RNO2422JKNBVB

HHinFlorida

Thank you for alerting me to this issue.

My new, out of the box obi202 also has this problem.
Unfortunately the firmware came "pre-updated" so I was hoping to stay with the old firmware that works but that was not an option. It seems to have been shipped with the new bad firmware.

It does indeed render the device useless as matters stand, however, is there any word (anyone??) on when obi plans to fix this problem as I'm sure they will.

Otherwise I will be returning this box to Amazon and buying an obi110 instead.

Meanwhile, as a temporary fix, I have put my obi202 on a household timer so it power cycles several times a day.
At least I lose only a few minutes rather than "until I remember to reboot the obi".

win32

Quote from: HHinFlorida on December 02, 2012, 05:58:33 AM
Meanwhile, as a temporary fix, I have put my obi202 on a household timer so it power cycles several times a day.
At least I lose only a few minutes rather than "until I remember to reboot the obi".

That is a hilarious fix.

Is there a preferred way to submit bugs to OBi development?  Or is this it?

OBiSupport

The best way to submit an issue to Obihai is to fill out this request for support form:

http://www.obihai.com/supportTicketForm.php

If your unit continues to exhibit this behavior we can remotely troubleshoot / get to the root cause.

Thank you,
Obihai Technology, Inc.

aot2002

Just started experiencing this these past few weeks.... nothing on my end was / has been changed in years.