News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 Flashing Green / Orange

Started by Draco098, October 25, 2012, 08:00:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draco098

I am hoping someone can offer a little help. I just got my OBi202 today and went through the setup options to set it up with GV. Just as it said I waited two minutes and then tried to make a call out. But the line was dead. That's odd.

I looked and the power light was flashing on the OBi so I power-cycled it (always cycle power first for odd things). Well, after the power cycle it didn't come back, so I dug through the literature and found that the flashing was a firmware update? Do not power cycle.

First, this is aggravating. Why would a device "automatically" put itself in a condition where it can be bricked without first warning the user? Firmware updates should be done via request. At the very least "automatic" firmware updates should not be enabled out of the box.

Now all I can get is a alternating flashing power light of green / orange. It has been flashing like this for over 10 minutes, so I do not think it is performing an update. I have tried the factory reset button. I have disconnected all wires and power-cycled several times.

Is there anybody that has some ideas how I can fix this and get back to "normal"?

Thanks.

QBZappy

Draco098,

Welcome, you may need to do this.

How to properly factory reset:
Re: Power light blinking, no IP
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3252.msg26406#msg26406
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Draco098

I tried several ways to perform the factory reset, including the instructions provided. Holding down the reset button while power-cycling, I continue to hold down the button. I get a red light, then a solid green light, then alternating green / orange, then it flips to a slow green blink (I don't think it is a fast blink). Have tried this multiple times with the same results.

Any other ideas?

Draco098

Got a response via email that had instructions for manually updating the firmware. This fixed the problem. Here are the instructions for anyone else that might have this issue in the future and looks through the forums (as I did first):

Please do the following:

Quote1. Find out the IP address that OBi is currently using, by looking at your router 's DHCP client table

2. Ping that IP. Can you ?

3. If you can, download our latest firmware to your computer
http://www.obihai.com/firmware/OBi202-3-0-0-3460.fw

4. http://ip_address
-> System Management -> Device Update
Upgrade OBi 's firmware with what you downloaded in Step 3 above.

jimates

I tried several time yesterday and could not get my Obi202 to reset. I even tried holding the button while plugging in the power. I set up a 110 temporary.

Then I took it out where I could get to it, plugged only a network cable into it, and did the reset while plugging in the power. It finally reset and now I am reconfigureing