News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Using a V.92 modem with the OBi100

Started by g00se, November 01, 2012, 03:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g00se

Does anyone know if it is possible to use a modem dialing out through the OBi100?  I know it's a weird question since this device is intended to get away from that sort of stuff, but I am developing an application that utilizes V.92 serial modems and I would really prefer not to have to get an actual land line for this.

I have tried dialing out to a BBS but with very wonky results.  Sometimes it will establish a connection (24000bps) but will not be reliable (weird characters showing up and just generally slow).  And sometimes it does not establish a connection at all.

This is with the default settings on the devices and using a Google Voice account.  Are there any settings on the device I can change to get the modem working better?

Thanks!

lhm.

g00se

Thanks, I'll try that out.  I tried setting the S37 register on the modem to 9600 before posting the topic, but I'm not sure if my modem (Creative Modem Blaster) took the command.  It replied with OK when entering ATS37=8, but running AT&V does't even show that register.  I'll play with it a bit more when I get home.

Thanks again!

Also, does anyone know if there is a way with the OBi100 to expand the frequencies it will receive from the analog device?