News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How Does OBi Work? Watch this video ...

Started by ShermanObi, December 23, 2010, 11:00:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShermanObi

Meet Mary

Check out this video for a fun overview of how OBi works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht6fcoJM5io

The OBi lets you make free phone calls with high quality and convenience. You can use a cordless phone or bridge a call from your mobile phone to an OBi on the other side of the world, for free. You can also use an app on your smart phone to call regular phones using the OBi as a bridge. Also, you can use the OBi to make incredibly cheap phone calls to anyone using any Internet Voice over IP phone service.

elminakid

If I lived in say New York, with my OBI, would it be possible to call a local number in London UK if my family in London had a OBI there. Furthermore, would it be possible to use my ObiON apps on my IPHONE to call the local number in london?

jimates

If the Obi in London has a land line connected to it, Yes. And yes from the app also.

Jeff205

Quote from: jimates on March 30, 2011, 11:58:42 AM
If the Obi in London has a land line connected to it, Yes. And yes from the app also.
Wouldn't the AA allow you to place a call regardless of a landline connected or not?  At least that's the way it works is the US when I call from my iPhone app and no landline connected.

jimates

Quote from: Jeff205 on April 07, 2011, 02:26:13 PM
Quote from: jimates on March 30, 2011, 11:58:42 AM
Wouldn't the AA allow you to place a call regardless of a landline connected or not?  At least that's the way it works is the US when I call from my iPhone app and no landline connected.

would it be possible to call a local number in London UK if my family in London had a OBI there

I just assumed the family was using a land line. I also assume that since it is outside the US they are not using google.

If the Obi in London has a service connected to it that can call local numbers, Yes. And yes from the app also

kasra

I think you can call any where as long as both side has obi device by calling obi number ( assume you dont have google voice linked to the obi ) i am in US and i call my family in oversease by calling GV linked to obi and we both have obi device (which one side does not have to have obi devie )

hloinforum

I reviewed few videos form YouTube and like it's a good product to use. I wonder how to set up Panasonic 5 handsets cordless phone with Obi110? Is phone base connects to Obi110 and reset of 4 cordless phone will connect to phone jet? Tks. 

Ostracus

Quote from: hloinforum on January 22, 2012, 06:00:38 PM
I reviewed few videos form YouTube and like it's a good product to use. I wonder how to set up Panasonic 5 handsets cordless phone with Obi110? Is phone base connects to Obi110 and reset of 4 cordless phone will connect to phone jet? Tks. 

Yes.