News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Using Voice gateways - am I on the right track

Started by FreddyK, November 02, 2012, 08:37:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreddyK

OK, I am about 4 months into using my Obi100 and all is going smoothly. I am set up with google voice (sp1) and freephoneline (sp2). Outgoing calls go through sp2. If they are not free, I dial **1 and use google voice for outgoing. I also have a voip.ms number (I ported my landline number over). It is permanently call forwarded to my freephoneline number. I would like to occasionally place an outgoing call through the voip.ms number. Is this what a gateway is for? If so, some searching brought me to this. Am I on the right track? (I have edited this)

To begin, you'll need to make a couple of additions to your PHONE Port DigitMap and PHONE Port OutboundCallRoute to add support for the new dialing prefixes:

Phone Port DigitMap:

|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Mvg3)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|

PHONE Port OutboundCallRoute:

{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Mvg3)):vg3},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

This creates the following associations:

**3 -> Voice Gateway3 (VG3)

Now, let's set up additional VoIP providers on Voice Gateway3

Voice Gateway3 will be used with Whistlephone:

Name : Voip.ms
AccessNumber : SP2(proxy.voip.ms) (I am guessing here)
DigitMap : (Mste)
AuthUserID : your_voip.ms_user_id
AuthPassword : your_voip.ms_password

Not sure about this part
And finally, let's configure the User Defined DigitMap referenced in Voice Gateway3:

Label : ste
DigitMap : (1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>xxxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

where aaa is your local area code.

Following a reboot, the OBi should be ready to use its new capabilities.

Dialing **3 + number should place a voip.ms call.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

ianobi

The DigitMaps etc look ok. The only question is does voip.ms support calling with no registration? I'm not a voip.ms user, so maybe someone who is might answer that.

You could just try and see what happens  :)

FreddyK

Thanks, I am trying, to try. ;D I am not able to click on the enable "button". It is shaded. How do I enable a gateway? (through expert configuration). I am a noob. Hopefully I am not missing something obvious!

ianobi

Enable is the default setting, no need to change it. Yes, it does seem odd!

FreddyK

OK, but I am unable to enter anything into the fields  ???

ianobi

For the fields that you want to change first uncheck both boxes to the right, leave them unchecked. When all the fields are filled click submit at the bottom of the page, then wait a couple of minutes for the OBi to reboot.

FreddyK

It worked!!!  ;D Thanks so much for your help and patience with my noobness! If it helps anyone else,  I

1.set up (enabled)  Voice Gateway3
Name : Voip.ms
AccessNumber : SP2(proxy.voip.ms)
DigitMap : (xx.)
AuthUserID : your_voip.ms_user_id
AuthPassword : your_voip.ms_password

2. Physical Interfaces - PHONE - Phone Port DigitMap: added |**3(Mvg3)|

3. Physical Interfaces - PHONE - OutboundCallRoute: added ,{(<**3:>(Mvg3)):vg3},

Now **3 + number dials out on my voip.ms number

Thanks again!