News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Callcentric Backup - Using Anveo with the Obi for E911 and DID

Started by MikeHObi, November 04, 2012, 06:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianobi

@ lhm: Thanks for your input. I could reproduce your example. It seems to work for me with no delay with or without the S0 suffix.

@ HMishra: That's very odd! I cannot see why your changes added to incoming latency. Anyhow the S0 is doing no good there, so best leave it out.

This is not the right thread for an in-depth discussion on DigitMaps and OutboundCallRoutes. I think people sometimes mix the two up. DigitMaps dictate what digits are allowed to be dialled, OutboundCallRoutes decide where the digits will be routed to. (Yes, I know there's a bit more to it than that!) One of the problems here is that if you have an xx. rule or a [^*#]@@. Rule in any DigitMap, then all sorts of numbers can sneak through. This can confuse any testing. I try to ban xx. rules and change [^*#]@@. to [^*#]@@.'@'@@.

Unless you are very expert using DigitMaps etc, I advise people to leave the 911 at default in the Phone Port DigitMap and Phone Port OutboundCallRoutes. I have yet to see any use of S0 that made any difference to 911.

If you are quite expert using DigitMaps etc and using Trunk Groups, then 911 may well be better of in trunk DigitMaps (sp1, sp2 etc), but that's another subject for another thread!

Stay safe – make sure your 911 is working as it should  8)

CoalMinerRetired

Quote from: ianobi on November 07, 2012, 06:11:10 AM
This is not the right thread for an in-depth discussion on DigitMaps and OutboundCallRoutes. I think people sometimes mix the two up. DigitMaps dictate what digits are allowed to be dialled, OutboundCallRoutes decide where the digits will be routed to.
One thing in common is the so called DMP -- Digit Map Processor, and the syntax and usage for "Matching Against Multiple Rules in Digit Map" are the same for both, ... as far as I can tell.

So for example resolving whether "911" gets routed to ph1 and whether it is a valid set of three digits are both processed the same way. Again, this is how I understand it.

The reason I picked up on what you stated above is I played around with getting 911 to work after invoking a 'second dial tone' on an Obi202. More or less as an exercise to see if it can be done (yes, it can easily be done). In doing so the difference between OutBoundCallRoute and plain old DigitMap in the phone port and in an ITS profile came into the equation.

ianobi

We may be saying the same things in different way. Here's how I see the main difference:

Phone Port DigitMap: The Digit Map Processor (DMP) evaluates all rules after each digit dialled. In this case after 9, then after 1, then after 1. It now sees a match with rule 911.

Phone Port OutboundCallRoute: It now takes the whole number 911 from the above, then compares it to each rule in the OutboundCallRoute, comparing 911 to each rule from left to right until it finds a match. If say it finds 911:sp1, then it sends 911 to sp1.

I don't think that we are far apart here. My main point is that when 911 is passed to the rule 911:sp1 in the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute, then it will go out with no delay.

CoalMinerRetired

I think we are. However in your example there is the "short interdigit timer" which starts and is evaluated after entry of the second "1", and before the DMP sees a match. The S0 sets the timer to zero after the second 1. The way I read the manual, if the S0 is not needed it's disregarded, otherwise it is used and applied.

ianobi

I fully agree with your last post  :)

The question revolves around the issue of is S0 needed or not in the Phone Port DigitMap. If you have an xx. rule or a [^*#]@@. rule in your Primary Line DigitMap (Mpli) referenced in the Phone Port DigitMap, * then the 911 rule will always be in the "Indefinitely Matched" state. In this case the S0 will be useful. Otherwise, after the second 1 the DMP will instantly send 911 to the Phone Port OutboundCall Route for checking against each of its rules.

The above applies to lots of other numbers, so it's a good argument for removing xx. rules and changing [^*#]@@. to [^*#]@@.'@'@@. Or just remove [^*#]@@. If you are not using sip uri dialling in that DigitMap.

In the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute a rule such as 911:sp1 cannot be improved upon, as there is no delay involved.

I feel we may be losing some of the audience, I can see a few in the back row who look like they are asleep  :D

Edit: * I should have said that although the 911 rule is in an "Exactly Matched" state, other rules (xx. or [^*#]@@.) are in an "Indefinitely Matched" state, therefore the short interdigit timer will be used after the second 1 in 911.

micajahandsara

These were the settings I used to remove the delay for 911 calls on my Obi 110. You have to add 911 and 933 to the digital map under Advanced Config, Physical Interfaces -> Phone.

Just add 911|933| inside the parentheses in the digital map after unchecking Obitalk Settings and Device Default.

I also tried adding 911S0 and 933S0, but it didn't make a difference, so I left the S0 out.

Also, I had no delay when Anveo was the primary line, but when I made Google Voice the primary line, the 10 sec delay returned.