News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Newbie questions regarding Obi110 setup ? Please help !

Started by Suraj, November 09, 2012, 01:32:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suraj

After long time, I bought obihai110 and I need help in achieving this ? I am going to use callcentric and rynga for this service.

1. I want to receive calls from other callcentric users
2. Some other people using their SPA-3102 Adapter (callcentric) called to my callcentric and routed to the rynga to dial numbers to other locations ?

For your information, I am using Obi110 and rest using SPA-3102.

Thanks a lot in advance.

ianobi

Suraj,

Welcome to the forum  :)

Your aims can be achieved, but let us get the basics working first!

First decide which service you wish to be your Primary Line – pick the one that you will make most outgoing calls on. Also decide which service (if any) that you will use for emergency calls (911).

Create your account, then add your Obi110 to the account (see quick start guide).  Configure Callcentric (there is an easy default set up for Callcentric). Configure Rynga.

Check that you can make normal calls into and out of both service providers. Then post here again with the following information:

Phone Port Primary Line.
ITSP Profile A DigitMap.
ITSP Profile B DigitMap.

Then we can add the finishing touches to allow others to call in via Callcentric and out on Rynga.

Suraj

Thanks a lot for your reply, it's really appreciated that you are guiding us from the start. i was using SPA-3102 but now slowly later they will be upgrade to Obihai 110.

Here is my setup:
SP1   : Callcentric   
SP2 (Optional) :   Rynga

Both of them are registered now as shown on the system and I can also receive a call from my callcentric using SP1. I want to receive calls from callcentric and want to use rynga only for the gateway. For example, if somebody called to the callcentric it divert it to the dailtone of Rynga something like that. For depth, if possible i want to dial and receive on one callcentric account and other used only to get the dial tone of rynga as in some of the country they blocked the rynga not callcentric so they dial callcentric first and get the dial tone from rynga.

No idea how to do the next step. thanks a lot in advance.

Quote from: ianobi on November 10, 2012, 03:18:40 AM
Suraj,

Welcome to the forum  :)

Your aims can be achieved, but let us get the basics working first!

First decide which service you wish to be your Primary Line – pick the one that you will make most outgoing calls on. Also decide which service (if any) that you will use for emergency calls (911).

Create your account, then add your Obi110 to the account (see quick start guide).  Configure Callcentric (there is an easy default set up for Callcentric). Configure Rynga.

Check that you can make normal calls into and out of both service providers. Then post here again with the following information:

Phone Port Primary Line.
ITSP Profile A DigitMap.
ITSP Profile B DigitMap.

Then we can add the finishing touches to allow others to call in via Callcentric and out on Rynga.

Suraj

Phone Port Primary Line : where is this option ? Sorry I couldn't find it.
ITSP Profile A DigitMap : (*xx.|**275*x.|[3469]11|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)
ITSP Profile B DigitMap : (1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

For your information I got Obihai 110 but don't have PSTN line.

ianobi

Have a read through this post:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=4541.msg29775#msg29775

It concerns setting up "Trusted Callers". When numbers that you put in your Trusted Callers list call your Callcentric number they will reach your Auto Attendant. Option 2 allows them to dial out from your OBi the same as you can from the phone connected to the OBi.

If you have to dial **1 to use Rynga, then so will they. You can test this after setting it up by putting your cell phone in the Trusted Callers list and seeing how it works.

I have to sign off for today, but I will be back tomorrow to see how you get on. Good luck!

Suraj

Thanks a lot for your reply.. I am really confused, do i need to change on the device ip or obitalk.com. If possible, can you please guide from the start how to setup, i read the the above thread you provided but i don't know how to use with my device. thanks a lot, hope to get your reply soon. thanks

Quote from: ianobi on November 10, 2012, 03:53:54 AM
Have a read through this post:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=4541.msg29775#msg29775

It concerns setting up "Trusted Callers". When numbers that you put in your Trusted Callers list call your Callcentric number they will reach your Auto Attendant. Option 2 allows them to dial out from your OBi the same as you can from the phone connected to the OBi.

If you have to dial **1 to use Rynga, then so will they. You can test this after setting it up by putting your cell phone in the Trusted Callers list and seeing how it works.

I have to sign off for today, but I will be back tomorrow to see how you get on. Good luck!

ianobi

Use obitalk.com. On the left hand side select "Trusted Callers" from the menu. Fill in as many as you wish, maybe just start with your cell phone number so you can test. "Name" is optional. Fill in "Phone Number" and check "match". Press "save changes", then wait a few minutes for the OBi to reboot.

Now when you call your Callcentric number, you should get connected to your OBi Auto Attendant. Option 1 will ring the phone connected to the OBi, Option 2 will allow you to make a call from your cell phone as if you were using the phone attached to the OBi.

This link may be helpful, although it may contain too much information:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=458.0

Suraj

Thanks, when I dial the callcentric number it's keep ringing and i don't hear the auto attendant.

ianobi

Check that you added your cell phone number into Trusted Callers with no spaces etc. Then look at:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : {(12345678912):aa},{ph}

This is how it should look where 12345678912 is your cell phone number.

Suraj

yes it's this on SP1 = {(x.85223456759|x.85223456759):aa},{ph}. but where should i mentioned that when i call to callcentric that setup on SP1 is pickup and auto attend is enabled ? Thanks

ianobi

Did you check the "Match" box in Trusted Callers? The x. is not needed in the InboundCallRoute.

There should be nothing more to enable. If the Caller ID matches the rule, then it should go to aa.

While the call in progress, you could check in Call Status. It will show the exact Caller ID of your phone calling in. This is the number needed in the InboundCallRoute to match the aa rule.

By the way - best not use your real phone numbers here.

Suraj

Yes now the caller ID is matched when i checked the call status and now getting the auto attendant menu but  when i choose option 2 it asked me to enter the number but afterwards there is a message seems like a callcentric message that the number is incorrect, maybe something else. In conclusion, the option 2 is not working.

Just an idea whether this is possible or not: setup callcentric on both SP1 & SP2, when somebody called on SP1 the phone attached to the device ring and when somebody called in on SP2 then it gives the dialtone from Gateways and Trunk Groups (Voice Gateway1) something like this.

between thanks a lot for helping me out to fix this.

Suraj

yeah now it's working perfectly when i dial callcentric on sp1 then option 1 continue to dial the sp1 and option 2 then **2<country code + phone number> dials out from sp2. i am setting this up for some elderly people and i think it will be more complicated for them to dail callcentric then option 2 then **2 phone number...etc.

this would be great if we can setup callcentric on both SP1 & SP2, when somebody called on SP1 the phone attached to the device ring and when somebody called in on SP2 then it gives the dialtone from Gateways and Trunk Groups (Voice Gateway1) something like this.
Thanks

ianobi

It's good to see your callers can now use your Obi Auto Attendant.

If most calls from the aa use SP2 (Rynga), then you can arrange for callers to simply dial the number after selecting Option 2, so they will not have to use the **2 code. To do this click on your Obi number in Obi Dashboard, then follow menu choices to Obi Expert Menu. Then do this to make this change:

Voice Service > Auto Attendant > PrimaryLine > SP2 Service.

To make this change you have to first uncheck both boxes to the right of the Value field, leave them unchecked, make the change to SP2 Service, click on submit at the bottom of the page, wait two minutes for the Obi to reboot.

If you make most of your calls from the phone attached to the Obi using SP2 (Rynga) then change as follows:

Physical Interfaces > Phone > Phone Port > PrimaryLine > SP2 Service.

Whichever service is set to PrimaryLine does not require the ** codes.

The other changes you mention could get quite complex involving "single-stage dialling". You need to very comfortable with making complex changes to DigitMaps etc. Have a search on this forum and you will see what I mean!

Putting Rynga onto a voice gateway is probably possible, if Rynga allow making calls without registration. This would free up SP2 for another provider. However, you cannot use a voice gateway as a PrimaryLine, so callers would be back to using a ** code.

Suraj

Thanks a lot. Now, i don't need to enter **2 after option 2. I also want to change the auto attendant message to my own language and when i choose option 2 as per Rynga i need to enter 00<country code+tel#), can i just ask Obihai to enter the 00 so that I only need to input <country code + tel number).

Another question, when after i choose option 2, is it possible to make a quick dial.
For example: quick dial 1002 to automatically dial <country code + tel #1> & 1003 to automatically dial <country code + tel #2>. so that people don't have to remember their number and so on. It should be done after i select option 2. Thanks a lot.

ianobi

You can improve things by changing this DigitMap:

ITSP Profile B DigitMap :
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

The only rule you are using for Rynga is the xx. rule which allows any number of any digits to be used. I suggest deleting above and replacing with:

ITSP Profile B DigitMap : (<00>xx.|00xx.)

For example, if you now dial the UK (country code 44), then you dial 44 1234 123456 your OBi will send out to Rynga 00 44 1234 123456.

Rules ending xx. are not ideal as the OBi has to wait ten seconds to see if you have finished dialling. If you can be very precise about what country codes you wish to dial and if the numbers will be a precise number of digits, then we might be able to make a better DigitMap with less delay.

When making the changes use the same method – uncheck both boxes to the right etc.

I have no experience with changing aa voice prompts. You could try reading through this:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1734.msg11189#msg11189

Will answer speed dial thing shortly – you sneaked that one in at last minute  :)

ianobi

Speed Dials is a bigger subject than some might think! However, this is what I recommend for you.

Speed dials work from the aa Option 2 just the same as from the phone attached to the OBi. In your case I recommend using trunk format – sp2(00xxxxxxxxxxx) - rather than non-trunk format - **200xxxxxxxxxxx. Using trunk format will get rid of all your dialling delays.

OBi Speed Dials are in the format x# or xx#, one or two digits followed by #. I like to use two digits as the single digit Speed Dials are useful for other things.

Example: From OBi Dashboard select Speed Dials on left hand side. Pick slot 10, fill in any name then a valid number in this format:
sp2(00441234123456) the 00 is needed as this format of Speed Dial will go straight to Rynga with no processing through DigitMaps.
Click on "Save Changes" at the bottom of the page, then wait two minutes for the OBi to reboot.

From the phone attached to the OBi dial 10# - the number should go straight to Rynga. Dial in via the OBi aa, Option 2, then dial 10# and the number should also go straight to Rynga.

Suraj

Thanks a lot for your answer. Mostly this will be used to contact Hong Kong, Singapore, London and USA.

Quote from: ianobi on November 16, 2012, 07:02:58 AM
You can improve things by changing this DigitMap:

ITSP Profile B DigitMap :
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

The only rule you are using for Rynga is the xx. rule which allows any number of any digits to be used. I suggest deleting above and replacing with:

ITSP Profile B DigitMap : (<00>xx.|00xx.)

For example, if you now dial the UK (country code 44), then you dial 44 1234 123456 your OBi will send out to Rynga 00 44 1234 123456.

Rules ending xx. are not ideal as the OBi has to wait ten seconds to see if you have finished dialling. If you can be very precise about what country codes you wish to dial and if the numbers will be a precise number of digits, then we might be able to make a better DigitMap with less delay.

When making the changes use the same method – uncheck both boxes to the right etc.

I have no experience with changing aa voice prompts. You could try reading through this:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1734.msg11189#msg11189

Will answer speed dial thing shortly – you sneaked that one in at last minute  :)

ianobi

If you change the DigitMap as I suggested and use Speed Dials for the numbers most used from aa Option 2, then you should be OK. Let us know how it goes.

Suraj

Thanks a lot for your help and it's going good. just want to check am I able to create the quick dial only from 1-98 that's it. I need more of it if possible.

Is it possible for the users in trusted callers to dial out only to the approved country list. For example, I allow them to dial Hong Kong Mobile and Landline, allow them to dial out Australia Home but not mobile. i think it's too complicated but it was just an idea. if not possible also fine, not a big deal.

Thanks a lot.