News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Using Obion to call through Obi110

Started by Ed12, November 10, 2012, 04:31:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed12

Hi,
I setup Obi110 with Sp1 set to GV voice and SP2 to callcentric (CC). I use callcentric as SP2 simply because I cannot make Obion on android to call Obi110 because it's unstable. Hence, I set a second callcentric account on an Android SIP software to call CC to CC. I have configured the rest of the paid SIP accounts as gateways. These are my preferred accounts. I now want OBion (iphone version which seems to be stable), to call to Obi110 and route the call over to one of the gateways. Is it possible to do it at all? I believe it's not possible, but could someone confirm this?

Also could someone help with the AA configuration on Obi110. The inbound route for Obitalk on Obi110 is set to the following:

{(2901xxxx1|2901xxxx2)>(xx.):LI},{(2901xxxx1|2901xxxx2):aa},{ph}

I can understand the second and the third parts. If the call is from one of the two Obitalk numbers, then send them to AA, all else goes to PH line (which is the PSTN phone line out?). What does the first part i.e. (2901xxxx1|2901xxxx2)>(xx.):LI mean? I understand the LI means main PSTN inward connection, but what does it do as part of the inbound route? Can I remove it? When a call is made from Obion, AA provides a few options, 1 to continue, 2 to connect or something. Although not sure what is the difference here when everything is going to PH anyway.

If I am unable to route to one of the voice gateways using AA, then I would perhaps route the local calls to PH (by adding local callers to circle of trust). For international services, then I would have to depend on the PSTN device.

Thanks
Ed

ianobi

Ed12,

{(2901xxxx1|2901xxxx2)>(xx.):LI},{(2901xxxx1|2901xxxx2):aa},{ph}
The first rule means if a number is dialled in from either of those 290 Caller IDs, then route it directly to line. Second rule means a call from either of 290 Caller IDs with no digits send it to aa. Third rule means all other Caller IDs should ring the phone attached to the Obi.

To achieve the routing that you wish you must take charge of your
Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute. To do this in Expert Configuration uncheck both boxes to the right of the exisiting value, delete that value and replace as follows:

Choice 1 – If your Phone Port Primary Line is Service Provider 1:

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute:

{(Mcot)>(Msp1):sp1},{(Mcot)>(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(Mcot)>(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},
{(Mcot)>(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(Mcot)>(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mcot):aa},{ph}

Choice 2 – If your Phone Port Primary Line is PSTN:

{(Mcot)>(Mli):li},{(Mcot)>(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(Mcot)>(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},
{(Mcot)>(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(Mcot)>(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mcot):aa},{ph}

In both cases set up a list of "Circle of Trust" and "Trusted Callers" like so:

User Settings -> User Defined Digit Maps -> User Defined Digit MapX:

Label : cot
DigitMap : (290123002|290123003|290123004)

Then you only have to change "cot" if you add or delete trusted Caller IDs.

You mention Voice Gateways. For example, if you have maybe a Voice Gateway 3 accessed by **3, then add a rule {(Mcot)>(<**3:>(Mvg3)):vg3} to the above.

If you do the above, then dialling from OBiON should be the same as dialling from the phone attached to the Obi. Given the unreliability of OBiON over 3G, it may be best to do any testing using a wifi connection.