December 17, 2017, 07:08:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the OBiAPP going end of life? (How to setup X_Proxy on the OBi202 as a proxy)  (Read 43280 times)
QBZappy
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« on: November 13, 2012, 09:54:54 pm »

Only for the OBI202
Voice Services->SPX Service->X_Proxy = Enabled

Without making any fanfare, the introduction of above mentioned feature in the OBi202 might be Obihai's way of signaling the end of life of the OBiAPP. The OBiAPP will be relegated to the OBi100/110 units, as it may no longer be needed. Let me explain why I believe this to be true. I have been able to make and receive calls using a softphone (WITHOUT using the OBiAPP), and a Grandstream PBX (setting up a trunk as a client). It is now possible to use any soft phone, ip phone or PBX Trunk and use the resources of the OBi202 as the gateway in proxy mode.

Since x_proxy is really for outgoing calls, to receive a call a second sip acct must be used to register with the VoIP SP, or use an unconditional call forwarding strategy on the SPx to another SP acct set up on the OBi or the PBX (ext/Ring Group).

Here is a brief how to, assuming sp3 set up as proxy:
Voice Services->SPX Service->X_RegisterEnable = Disabled
Voice Services->SPX Service->X_Proxy = Enabled
Voice Services->SPX Service->X_InboundCallRoute =
{ACCT_NAME_asper_SP/CID>(xx.):sp3,ph,ph2}

Softphone (Eyebeam):
Display name/User name/Authorization user name = "ACCT_NAME_asper_SP/CID"
Domain = 172.16.240.210:5062 (OBi_ip:X_UserAgentPort of SP3)
Register with domain and receive incoming calls = Check mark
proxy = same as domain

Grandstream PBX (Any PBX):
Set up an ext 150 (Anything).
Set up a Trunk. Call it 150 (Anything).
SIP Server URL/Outbound Proxy URL = 172.16.240.210:5062 (OBi_ip:X_UserAgentPort of SP3)
Make the trunk "Register Active"
Call Routing = (This is specific to Grandstream PBX)
General Outbound->NXXNXXXXXX->CallPath1 = Trunk (Option) + Trunk_name_150 (Value1)

Note that it is important to use the same user names/PW in the OBi as provided by the SP. In the case of the PBX, you are the SP. Pay attention to the OBi "X_InboundCallRoute". I found these worked equally on the PBX:
{SP2(150),ph,ph2}
{150>(xx.):sp2,ph,ph2}
{150>(xx.):sp2(150@172.16.240.100:5060),ph,ph2}

This is what you should see if the client is registered successfully as proxy:
SP3 Service Status
Status   Registration Not Required;local_client=172.16.240.100:5060

If it fails you will see this:
SP3 Service Status
Status   Paused

Side note:
I basically had this figured out a few days ago. However I spent the last 2 days trying to figure out why I was getting one way audio using Freephoneline as my SP. This post by sunrock over at DSL Reports, basically spells it out: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r21428824-ViaTalk-VoIP-One-way-audio

"The root cause, in summary, is (1) crappy SBC, (2) using Level3 for anything. Hence why Vonage doesn't use Level3 nor do they have any SBC (they built their own - smart)."

I resolved it first by unconditionally CF to a voipms DID that I have. 2 way audio worked. Then I set it up directly with voipms. 2 way audio also worked.

The whole point of this exercise was to register FPL with the OBi202 and still go through the PBX. My Grandstream PBX and FPL don't get along well. I continuiouly lost the registration. My other OBi with another account with FPL is relaible.

If you like visuals I can direct you here for more info:
Use Your OBi202 as a Google Voice Gateway for a SIP IP Phone
http://blog.obihai.com/2012/08/use-your-obi202-as-google-voice-gateway.html

How to use the Obihai OBi100, OBi110, or OBi202 VoIP device as a gateway between Asterisk/FPBX and Google Voice and/or the OBiTALK network (UPDATED)
http://michigantelephone.wordpress.com/2012/03/24/how-to-use-the-obihai-obi100-obi110-or-obi202-voip-device-as-a-gateway-between-asteriskf-pbx-and-google-voice-andor-the-obitalk-network-updated/
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 07:21:03 am by QBZappy » Logged

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.
Ostracus

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 02:42:41 am »

Interesting. I'm guessing the limited number of SPx slots on the Obi100/110 is why this feature is relegated to the Obi202
Ostracus

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 08:11:41 pm »

Using your example, and this as a reference, I think a Nokia E71 could be used as an IP phone.

Instead of a PBX I may try Milkfish, although I don't know if it will be necessary.

danwong

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 08:43:23 am »

There is a similar version to this one at http://blog.obihai.com/2012/08/use-your-obi202-as-google-voice-gateway.html, but the link I have might be a bit better since it goes through pnn.obihai.com proxy instead of hardcoding my own IP address which may change.  Problem is that I can't seem to get the version in the link working (I have a soft phone client which won't connect).  Anybody else want to give it a try?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: