News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 Ringing Both Lines?

Started by Slooop, November 15, 2012, 02:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slooop

Hi all,

I have an Obi 202 connected to a 2 line phone using Callcentric. I have 2 numbers on callcentric. When a call comes in on my first number we'll say (#A) both lines ring, when it comes in on #B, both lines ring.

I'd like to set up my Obi or callcentric service to have #A ring line 1 and #B, ring line 2.

The 2 line phone has line 1/2 and line 2 ports. Line 1/2 is connected to Port 1 on the Obi202, Line 2 is connected to Port 2.

When I had voicepulse, with a PAP2T and the same phone the ring setup was correct. #A would ring line 1, #B would ring line 2.

Is there a setting on the Obi 202 that I'm overlooking?

hwittenb

To start with CallCentric has "Call Treatments" where you can setup simultaneous ringing for calls to your CallCentric DID's.  Verify that any Call Treatments setting on your account has nothing to do with your simultaneous ringing problem.

The incoming call routing rule for a given trunk is determined by the X_InboundCallRoute setting for the SPx trunk.  The default X_InboundCallRoute setting for SPx service is to ring both phones, i.e. ph and ph2.  If you only want to ring one of the two phones you should change the X_InboundCallRoute for the SPx that you have setup for the CallCentric account.

Slooop

The only issue with this is if I set DID1 to only ring ph, ph2 won't ring when it's hunted to if ph1 is engaged.

So I should probably set #A as SP1, set to ring ph1.

Then I guess for my #B, I should transfer it to a new callcentric account, and make that my SP2, then I suppose I can set the SP2 to only ring ph2?

Then I can try and setup call treatments to have them hunt for eachother when the other is engaged?