News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Route all outbound calls over POTS

Started by MOHFLRSEA, November 15, 2012, 08:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOHFLRSEA

Brand new to Obi and Physical VOIP Devices
So I just got my obi110 setup with GV and I can make and receive calls fine. I have POTS pluged into Line and a phone pluged into Phone. When I call the POTS number it rings fine.

When I try to make an outbound call it defaults to GV, I want it to default to POTS.

Even better would be if pressing * before the number would make the outbound call using GV

Is this possible? What are the settings to do so?

Sorry if this is answered in another post, I searched and couldn't find an answer.

Thanks All

ianobi

MOHFLRSEA,

Welcome to the forum  :)

The default setting for the OBi110 is to send all calls to POTS. However, I'm guessing that when you set up GV you checked the "Make This the Primary Line to Call Out" box. Go back and uncheck this and click on submit, wait for OBi to reboot. This should set this back to default:
Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : PSTN Line

If you do the above, then you will need to dial **1 to make calls via GV (assuming it is set up on SP1).

MOHFLRSEA

Quote from: ianobi on November 16, 2012, 02:38:14 AM
MOHFLRSEA,

Welcome to the forum  :)

The default setting for the OBi110 is to send all calls to POTS. However, I'm guessing that when you set up GV you checked the "Make This the Primary Line to Call Out" box. Go back and uncheck this and click on submit, wait for OBi to reboot. This should set this back to default:
Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : PSTN Line

If you do the above, then you will need to dial **1 to make calls via GV (assuming it is set up on SP1).

Thanks ianobi,

That did the trick, I would like to add to anyone else using his advise that you may need to do the expert config from the obitalk configuration window. I believe you only have to do it here if you have your device associated with an obitalk account. If you just go to the local ip address the settings will not stick.

QBZappy

MOHFLRSEA,

This may be of interest.

Managing Your OBi Device Configuration: OBiTALK or OBi Web Page but NOT Both
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=61.0
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.