News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Avoid dialing **2 to dial from second GV number

Started by danielsami, November 16, 2012, 06:56:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danielsami

Hello, I just purchased my OBI 110 (awesome device!!)and followed the instructions to set up my two Google Voice numbers successfully.

I see that to dial outside from the second GV number (the one not set as Primary) I have to dial **2 first. Is there a way to avoid it?

Secondly, I have a ATT 974 4 lines desk phone, so the wire from the OBI Phone port goes to the Line 1/2 port on the back of the ATT phone. However, I cannot manage each line separately, because the Line 1 button on the ATT phone has both OBI/GV lines in it (forcing me to dial **2 to dial outside from the second GV line), and the L2 button shows a red light (indicating it's not connected correctly). However, from my Vonage adapter with two Vonage lines, the Line 3/4 port on the ATT phone works correctly and I can manage each line separately from the L3 and L4 buttons on the front.

Sorry if this sound confusing, I need help on this to use the ATT L1 and L2 buttons to access each GV line on the OBI separately.

Any help/clue/orientation is greatly appreciated.

ianobi

Second point first: There is no direct relationship between sp1, sp2 and the Phone Port. You also have OBiTalk and could have other services on Voice Gateways. So it's one Phone Port and many services. To your ATT phone the OBi110 will always look like one telephone line. Although you can do the normal call hold, transfer etc between the services using that one phone line.

By changing DigitMaps it is possible to direct calls automatically to one service or another. For example, if you wish to send all local and national calls via sp1 and all international calls via sp2. This can be done without having to dial ** codes.

danielsami

Thank you for a fast response.

RE:
QuoteTo your ATT phone the OBi110 will always look like one telephone line. Although you can do the normal call hold, transfer etc between the services using that one phone line.

I believe I need yet to learn the hold, transfer, and especially conference. I guess the FAQ has answers to that, right?

RE:
QuoteBy changing DigitMaps it is possible to direct calls automatically to one service or another. For example, if you wish to send all local and national calls via sp1 and all international calls via sp2. This can be done without having to dial ** codes.

Since my second GV# has a 305 area code, can I select one area code through DigitMaps, so that all calls to 305 area are routed through that second GV#?

ianobi

Have a look in the "OBiDeviceAdminGuide > End User Features Available on the OBi" for call transfer etc.

I should really subject you to a four day interrogation regarding exactly what digits you want sent where, but I'll just have a guess instead  :)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:

(<**2>1305xxxxxxx|<**21>305xxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.)

Replace aaa with area code for GV#1

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1305>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.)

To make the changes click on your OBi number on the OBi Dashboard, then find your way to Expert Configuration Pages. Uncheck both boxes to the right of the Value box, leave them unchecked, change the DigitMap, click on "submit" at bottom of each page before moving to another page, wait two minutes after each page for the OBi to reboot.

You are welcome to a full explanation of the above DigitMaps (just ask), but not today. In my time zone it's Friday evening and it's "beer time"  :D

danielsami

Hi,

thanks for your reply. In my time zone is 1.26 pm, and I have a busy afternoon ahead before beer time, so I guess I'll give a try to DigitMaps configuration tomorrow or on Monday, and I will post the results or questions here.

Again, thanks for your help, and cheers, prosit, salud!