News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call Waiting on PSTN line (Vonage)

Started by rangav, March 01, 2011, 06:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rangav

My SP1 is google voice and Vonage is connected to LINE port. LINE port is the default. While I am on a call using vonage I am hearing a beep if someone else calls my vonage number. I see waiting on my phone but when I click flash to pick up the other call I am getting dial tone instead of connecting to the second call. What do I need to do to pickup the call waiting call?

RonR

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port-> HookFlashHandling : Send Hook Flash to PSTN

rangav

Thank you RonR. I did the settings described by you and rebooted OBI. After 5 minutes I tested with 2 cell phones. When I press the flash to attend the 2nd call still I am getting dial tone instead of connecting to 2nd call. Do I need to do anything on vonage side? I didn't change any settings on vonage after I connected to OBI. Before OBI I used to talk to 2nd person. Any help appreciated...  :(

RonR

Here's how the setting is supposed to work:

Send Hook Flash Signal to PSTN

Device does not act on hook flash events detected on the PHONE Port. It either ignores hook flash events OR regenerates similar hook flash events on the PSTN Line if the phone user is currently in a call using the PSTN Line service when the hook flash event happens. This option may be useful in cases where the user has traditional call-waiting or 3-way calling services on his PSTN Line service; hence he can control those PSTN supplementary services using hook flash signals. However, the OBi in this case would automatically disables its own call-waiting function on the PHONE Port, and the user would have no means to tell OBi to make 3-way calls.

It sounds like the OBi is still interpreting the hook flash locally and is not sending it out the Line Port instead.  If that's the case, you may have ucovered a bug in the OBi.

rangav

Thanks RonR. That is exactly what I read in the admin guide. Thanks for prompting me to read it. I also suspect that there may be a bug. I will wait for the OBI team to address it. Thanks a again.

OBi-Guru

Yes, Send hookflash to PSTN is the correct parameter to enable this function.

The 2nd incoming call to the 1st incoming call in progress is not being switched by the hookflash, will be corrected in the future.

Currently, only when 1st call in progress is initiated from the OBi, then the 2nd incoming call will be hookflash'ed properly.

OBi-Guru

Firmware 1.2 allows "double hook flash" to send flash to the call-waiting tone on the PSTN line.