News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI100 not working and SP2 questions

Started by Toto, April 17, 2014, 07:01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toto

I had lightning to come in over my internet connection a couple of nights ago. It burnt up my modem and satellite tv box. The modem has been replaced and my connect is strong now. The OBI100 will work at times but then the phone light will go out and I have to either turn the power off to it and recycle it or disconnect it from the modem for a few seconds for it to work again. It will work for several hours and then the phone light goes out again.
I have service through both GV and Vestalink but for some reason there is a message beside the Vestalink listing on my service provider page that says "Register Failed: 400 Bad From URI". I have tried re-registering it through the edit function three times. Also Vestalink is set up as SP2 though I would rather it is my primary service provider. How do I change it to SP1?
Is there any way to check the OBI100 to see if it needs replacing and if I do need a new one which one should I get for it to connect wirelessly to my modem. I have an set of wireless handphones that work off of a base that is wired to the modem. It is an AT&T dect 6.0 phone. Thanks

drgeoff

If you really want Vestalink as SP1 then you have no option but to configure SP1 with your Vestalink details and if, you still want GV, reconfigure that on SP2.  If you are going to do those changes you might as well do a hard reset of your OBi100 as the first step.  That might help with the intermittency you are experiencing.

OTOH if you just want an easy way to have Vestalink as your primary SP you only need to change Physical Interfaces, Phone Port, Primary Line to 'SP2 Service' in the drop down choice box.

Toto

Thank drgeoff, I just re-figured Vestalink as my SP1 and GV as my SP2. For some reason it shows my status for the Vestalink as "status error" and the status for the GV listing is blank, but my OBI is connected and shows two strong steady lights. I can also call my home phone from my cell and it rings, so I guess I will wait and see how it goes for now. I will post back if I have more disconnect problems.
I have my old GV number forwarded to my Vestalink number because it will not port to Vestalink, so I need to keep my old GV account listed even though it won't work with my OBI after this May.

Toto

Well the OBI went out several times today and I would have to unplug it to get it to reset and work again. I checked back on my dashboard page and found that both the Vestalink which is now my SP1 and the GV which is my SP2, showed status error or backing off. I have run through the set up sets with both of them and they have tried to re-register to my device without any luck. The device would get a red power light which would then turn steady green, and then the phone light would light up for a second and then go back out. The status for my device is a green circle and says it is online.

I am going to try a hard reset like you advised next.