News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SP1 primary, Line port secondary?

Started by Pete, November 19, 2012, 03:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete

Hello. Right now I have SP1 as primary line to call out with GV. If my internet connection goes down, SP1 goes down as well. Can I have the obi110 automatically call using the Line port when SP1 goes down? I know that I can dial **8 to do it manually.

MurrayB

If the internet is down there would be no connection to your default internet service provider and the Obi will tell you via voice that there is no service or something similar. You would have to dial **8 to call via the PSTN.

ianobi

Pete,

You might consider using a Trunk Group. See this:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=2390.msg15480#msg15480

The post mentions that OBi may take some time to see that sp1 has failed. Also calls will automatically be sent to PSTN if all sessions on sp1 are busy.

Pete

I tried the settings in the post from RonR and it works!

When you change the settings, the SP1 light goes off and only the Line port light is green. It still calls out fine though.

When the internet connection is lost, at 10 seconds, the power light starts blinking and at around 45 seconds the obi will automatically route your call to the Line port.

Thanks!

Quote from: ianobi on November 20, 2012, 01:36:16 AM
Pete,

You might consider using a Trunk Group. See this:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=2390.msg15480#msg15480

The post mentions that OBi may take some time to see that sp1 has failed. Also calls will automatically be sent to PSTN if all sessions on sp1 are busy.

ianobi

Interesting! Unusually for RonR he left out details for the Trunk Group DigitMap. In your case I guess you used ((Msp1)|(Mli)).

I use a similar setup, but the other way around. When Line fails, calls route to sp1. This way is instant as OBi110 knows right away when the line fails.

Pete

I left the Trunk Group DigitMap the same "(Msp1)" as it was originally. Should I add "Mli" to it? What difference would it make?

Quote from: ianobi on November 20, 2012, 09:12:27 AM
Interesting! Unusually for RonR he left out details for the Trunk Group DigitMap. In your case I guess you used ((Msp1)|(Mli)).

I use a similar setup, but the other way around. When Line fails, calls route to sp1. This way is instant as OBi110 knows right away when the line fails.

ianobi

Trunk Group1 is now your PrimaryLine, so its DigitMap is now Mpli. Anything in Mpli can be dialled without ** codes. If the two DigitMaps were very different, then you could lose the ability to dial some Mli type numbers without **8 if you don't put Mli into Trunk Group1's DigitMap.

In practice, if the two DigitMaps are somewhere near default, then Msp1 covers most of Mli anyhow. Also if the xx. rule and/or the [^*#]@@. rule is in Msp1, then all numbers will be matched, but a 10 second delay might happen.

Best practice is probably to put both in like so:
((Msp1)|(Mli)).

ianobi

If you wish the Auto Attendant to behave in the same way as calls from your phone, then you also need to change its PrimaryLine to Trunk Group1.

Poor old aa, so often gets forgotten  :D

Pete

I haven't messed with any DigitMaps yet, so it should be the default settings. I'll use ((Msp1)|(Mli)) since you're the expert  ;D