News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Using CSipSimple With OBi

Started by ianobi, November 25, 2012, 03:26:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

medscy

Ianobi, thanks for taking time to respond to me... Appreciate it.

I tried the piggy back method but it did not work for me... The only difference was that I set the inbound route to phone port only without the sophiscated digimap involving mcot. Is that material?

In any case, I got it working but explicitly specifying the external address in the x-public address field... but still, I find it strange why when obi actually successfully identify my external ip via stun/ice, it still insists on using internal addresss....

ianobi

QuoteI tried the piggy back method but it did not work for me... The only difference was that I set the inbound route to phone port only without the sophiscated digimap involving mcot. Is that material?

Not material - all calls should have been routed to the phone port. There are quite a few variables here; wifi/4G/3G all seem to behave differently (I find wifi always works); routers behave differently; CSipSimple sometimes behaves differently with different smart phones (see website).

I found one cure using the piggy back method was to instigate symmetric RTP on the relevant OBi ITSP Profile. Then that might not be good for the voip provider that you are piggy backing on.

QuoteIn any case, I got it working but explicitly specifying the external address in the x-public address field... but still, I find it strange why when obi actually successfully identify my external ip via stun/ice, it still insists on using internal addresss....

Phrases like "Obis suck at peer to peer configurations" have appeared more than once in this forum   ;)  I don't think that Obihai ever intended peer to peer use, but it would be a very simple matter to have an easy switch for internal or external ip address.

I accepted the compromise of using the indirect method via sip2sip. It means that the account can stay registered and you can receive calls via CSipSimple as well as making outgoing calls.