News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Spoofing Solved

Started by azrobert, November 27, 2012, 12:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azrobert

I never could get spoofing to work.  I gave it one more try and I did it!

This works WITHOUT enabling X_SpoofCallerID.  The problem with X_SpoofCallerID is that some providers don't like spoofing and when enabled it's on  for everything going out SPx.

I got it to work with PBX in a Flash and Callcentric.

Here's an InboundCallRoute example:

{ph,sp2(100@192.168.1.999:5060;ui=$1),sp2(17772223333@in.callcentric.com;ui=$1}

QBZappy

azrobert,

Quote from: azrobert on November 27, 2012, 12:25:20 PM
Here's an InboundCallRoute example:

{ph,sp2(100@192.168.1.999:5060;ui=$1),sp2(17772223333@in.callcentric.com;ui=$1}

Can you explain this part please: ui=$1
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

azrobert

I can't find the parm "ui=" in the user manual and I don't remember where I read about it.
Anyway, it a way of defining a UserID.

In the past I only used it with speed dials like this:

sp2(**18005551212@tollfree.future-nine.com;ui=4801112222)

I thought I would try the  "ui=" parm on an inbound call route with the $1 CallerID variable and it worked.

You can also specify a password on a speed dial, but I can't remember how.  Getting old sucks.

Update:

Specify password like this   "ui=userid:password"

Thanks infin8loop for pointing to the documentation.

QBZappy

azrobert,

Thanks.

I remember something about parameter 'ui' in a previous Admin user manual. I couldn't find it in the current guide as well. This is the first time that I see someone using the '$1' in a use case other than the OBi doing an automatic Call Back.

Recently there was someone else trying to understand how to use the $1, hope they find this post.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

infin8loop

I recall seeing the ui parameter documented (and some other "new at the time" parameters) in the release notes at http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.msg13#msg13

Unfortunately there never seems to be enough examples in the documentation leaving us to experiment to see what works or what should work and doesn't.

This is a nice find, but I'll probably forget about it before I find a need to use it.  LOL
"This has not only been fun, it's been a major expense." - Gallagher

QBZappy

Here is the text explaining the relevant parameters. It is not very intuitive at all. Nice find indeed.:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.msg13#msg13

Enhancements & Fixes in Maintenance Release 1.2.1(2283):
You may now append these URL parameters to speed dial and SIP Gateway VG1-8 access number, separated by ';',
  - ui=userid[:password] (Ex: ui=1000:xyz, ui=$1, ui=5145551212)
  - ui=user-info, password is optional
  - op=[ i ][ m ][ n ][ s ]        ;option flags, i=ice,  -m=symmetic-rtp, n=natted-address, s=stun
   Examples:
    SpeedDial = sp2(1234@sip.inum.net;ui=1000:xyz;op=sm)
    VG1-8 AccessNumber = SP1(sip.inum.net;user=1000;op=imns)
    Note that if userid or password is specified in VG1-8 AccessNumber, it overwrites the settings in AuthUserID, and AuthPassword in the VG.

Ostracus

Must be a Unix man page writer.

QBZappy

I can reproduce CID forking with ;ui=$1 in the sip uri call forking setup. It does indeed pass CID number. I just tested the following with a Freephoneline account+OBi110. FPL setup as SP1.

X_InboundCallRoute:
{sp1(5145551212@voip.freephoneline.ca:5060),ph}
Without ;ui=$1 After 2 rings Freephoneline CID displays (Not CID of my cell phone making call)

{sp1(5145551212@voip.freephoneline.ca:5060;ui=$1),ph}
With ;ui=$1 After 7 rings CID of my cell phone making the call displays. Seven rings is too long to be of any use, as most people will hang up by then. This may be a YMMV setup. It would be interesting to see if others can get fewer rings in a similar forking setup with a different voip SP.

Service Providers->ITSP Profile X->SIP->X_SpoofCallerID = Enabled or disabled made no difference in above mentioned results.

ianobi

azrobert,

Nice find! I must have lost some brain cells over the years because I read that post when it was posted and instantly forgot all about it  ::)

Tiger

With this {sp1(5145551212@voip.freephoneline.ca:5060;ui=$1),ph} , my cell does not ring, remove ";ui=$1" does ring.
Can you share me your details of the config? I'm using freephoneline.ca too (SP2), google voice (SP1).

If we can find the way dynamically set CallerIDName of SPx service, then it will work.

Quote from: QBZappy on November 27, 2012, 09:26:14 PM
I can reproduce CID forking with ;ui=$1 in the sip uri call forking setup. It does indeed pass CID number. I just tested the following with a Freephoneline account+OBi110. FPL setup as SP1.

X_InboundCallRoute:
{sp1(5145551212@voip.freephoneline.ca:5060),ph}
Without ;ui=$1 After 2 rings Freephoneline CID displays (Not CID of my cell phone making call)

{sp1(5145551212@voip.freephoneline.ca:5060;ui=$1),ph}
With ;ui=$ After 7 rings CID of my cell phone making the call displays. Seven rings is too long to be of any use, as most people will hang up by then. This may be a YMMV setup. It would be interesting to see if others can get fewer rings in a similar forking setup with a different voip SP.

Service Providers->ITSP Profile X->SIP->X_SpoofCallerID = Enabled or disabled made no difference in above mentioned results.

QBZappy

Tiger,

It did not ring until after 7 rings, making it of no use. The sip uri method should pass CID without the ";ui=$1 part" from one sip provider to another sip provider. Note that GV is not a sip provider.

azrobert

My limited testing showed the "ui=$1" either worked perfectly or was rejected depending on the service provider.
I came up with 2 solutions when the calls are rejected. Both are not ideal, but I believe they work.

Solution 1
PBXes accepts calls with "ui=$1"
Forward the call to PBXes.org, then within PBXes forward the call to freephoneline.
Get a free account at PBXes.org.
Define an extension like 0001.
Under Device Option change the Dial option to "SIP/5145551212@voip.freephoneline.ca"
The external extension number become YourPBXesID-0001.
Change OBi X_InboundCallRoute to {sp2(YourPBXesID-0001@pbxes.org;ui=$1),ph}.

Solution 2
Change OBi X_InboundCallRoute to the default.
Get a free IPKall phone number.
Config IPKall to SIP URI = 5145551212@voip.freephoneline.ca
Add the IPKall number to your GoogleVoice Settings.
In GoogleVoice Settings forward all calls to GoogleChat and IPKall.
In the past IPKall had problems delivering the correct CID.
My IPKall number seems to be fixed.

Juste

Hello,

Sorry for bringing such an old topic back to life.

Did anyone manage to have FPL pass the Caller ID ?

I tried to follow the instructions above with no luck.

Is it possible at all ?

Thanks,

Azouz

Yes. it's possible. In the passed I used callwithus.com to pass the CID and it worked fine. In the last month it stopped working.
You need a Callcentric account (Free)
SP2 = Anveo (yours may differ)
SP2 ===> X_InboundCallRoute ===> {sp2(17772650000@in.callcentric.com;ui=$1)}

17772650000 is my callcentric number.
From here, you can forward the call using callcentric built in call forwarding feature (you don't to set up Callcentric in OBI) . Or you can forward using any SPx in your OBI (in this case you need to set up callcentric in OBI).

Juste

Quote from: Azouz on September 04, 2014, 12:50:42 PM
Yes. it's possible. In the passed I used callwithus.com to pass the CID and it worked fine. In the last month it stopped working.
You need a Callcentric account (Free)
SP2 = Anveo (yours may differ)
SP2 ===> X_InboundCallRoute ===> {sp2(17772650000@in.callcentric.com;ui=$1)}

17772650000 is my callcentric number.
From here, you can forward the call using callcentric built in call forwarding feature (you don't to set up Callcentric in OBI) . Or you can forward using any SPx in your OBI (in this case you need to set up callcentric in OBI).

Thanks, but my question only meant Freephoneline.

I know that other providers can very well pass Caller ID, for example Voip.ms. As far as I know, all of them are PAYG.

However, I would very much like to know how to get FPL to do it, for obvious reasons.