News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi110 inbound call routed to ph disconnects after 1 second

Started by jlhughes, November 28, 2012, 02:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlhughes

OBi110 (build 2744)
Service Provider: voip.ms
Configuration (from default) via local web admin.
  Service Providers->SIP
      ProxyServer=toronto2.voip.ms
  Voice Services->SP1 Service 
      AuthUserName=voip.ms_sub_account_for_inum
      AuthPassword=voip.ms_sub_account_password
  Physical Interfaces->Phone Port
      PrimaryLine=SP1 Service

Outbound calls working.
Inbound calls from a landline to an inum number, via an inum dial in number for Toronto, ring the phone connected to the OBi110 phone port.  Answering the phone causes the call to disconnect.  During the brief moment before disconnect I believe I have voice in both directions.
Logs indicate the call was disconnected after 1 second.  Status of OBi device before and after the disconnect is 'Registered'.

Thanks for any help.
Joel

hwittenb

A Google search shows two INUM dial in numbers in Toronto, 697-724-8777 and 416-800-4303.  I tried both of those numbers and received results similiar to what you reported.  I tried also some of the other pstn call-in numbers in Canada and the U.S. and I got the same result.  The number disconnected as soon as it is answered.  

Looking at a WireShark packet trace the call is disconnected due to a BYE sent from a voip server, not from the caller or the called phones.  There is no indication of why the call is disconnected by one of the servers.  At this point it looks like the problem is with the INUM pstn dial-in numbers.

On the other hand I can call the INUM number using a voip provider that supports calls to INUM, I tried CallCentric, Voip.ms and also GoogleVoice and the call goes thru fine.  With a voip provider, of course, you need to preface the INUM number with 011.

I was calling my voip.ms INUM number that I have routed to my OBi110 voip.ms sub account.

infin8loop

Quote from: jlhughes on November 28, 2012, 02:29:36 PM
OBi110 (build 2744)
Service Provider: voip.ms
Configuration (from default) via local web admin.
  Service Providers->SIP
      ProxyServer=toronto2.voip.ms
  Voice Services->SP1 Service 
      AuthUserName=voip.ms_sub_account_for_inum
      AuthPassword=voip.ms_sub_account_password
  Physical Interfaces->Phone Port
      PrimaryLine=SP1 Service

Outbound calls working.
Inbound calls from a landline to an inum number, via an inum dial in number for Toronto, ring the phone connected to the OBi110 phone port.  Answering the phone causes the call to disconnect.  During the brief moment before disconnect I believe I have voice in both directions.
Logs indicate the call was disconnected after 1 second.  Status of OBi device before and after the disconnect is 'Registered'.

Thanks for any help.
Joel

Hi Joel,

Months ago I started getting the same results when using the iNum dial in numbers (tried Houston, Chicago, and London iNum dial in numbers) to my voip.ms iNum (my voip.ms is connected to their Dallas server). I opened a ticket with voip.ms and after a couple of exchanges via the ticket system with voip.ms support they closed the ticket with the following response:

Tue, Apr 24 2012 10:31am - Alex Lopez
Hello Brian,
I understand your concern, however on this case we have tested your iNUM and it is working properly, note that iNUM service is free and independent and we are not responsible for the access numbers, for any additional information or comment please refer on this link http://www.inum.net/what-is-inum/voice-reach/
__
Alex Lopez
VoIP.ms Customer Service

They may be "testing the iNum" but they are not testing it through the iNum dial in numbers! I even routed my iNum to the voip.ms echo test as voip.ms suggests for debugging and it still disconnects after 1 second or so (I see the incoming calls in the voip.ms call log) when dialed from one of the iNum dial in numbers.

I reached out to "Colin" at iNum (voxbone) and after several emails with him I received the following reply:

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 5:24 PM, inum <inum@voxbone.com> wrote:
> Brian, I have escalated this to our tech support to troubleshoot further.
> They go by priority of accounts, so I can't know how quickly they will get
> back to us for this issue.
>
> Thank you, Colin

I never received any further updates and as far as I know the issue still exists (as you have discovered). Around the same time I reached out to QBZappy here on the forum and we tested his inbound iNum from an iNum dial in number and it didn't work either. I believe the trouble is at voip.ms (or maybe between voip.ms and voxbone). I have a Callcentric iNum and I can dial it okay from the same iNum dial in numbers that fail to connect to the voip.ms iNum.

Try this (it works for me to dial my voip.ms iNum):
Go here: http://www.sipbroker.com/sipbroker/action/pstnNumbers and find a local dial in number you want to use.  Dial it and when prompted, dial *8124 followed by your 15 digit iNum.

Good luck and feel free to rattle voip.ms' and iNum's cage again.
"This has not only been fun, it's been a major expense." - Gallagher