News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Pulse dial

Started by ben_kenobi, December 02, 2012, 01:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben_kenobi

Am I correct to assume that if you don't have a touch tone line, then it is not possible to dial out using the PSTN line?  I have tried this without success.  The result is a busy signal.

Also, I have tested this several times - when the obi110 is not receiving electric power (such as during a power outage) the connection to the PSTN line does not function (i.e. no dial tone).  If I simply bypass the obi110, I get dial tone.  Is there a setting to permit use of the PSTN line when the power goes out?

QBZappy

ben_kenobi,

Welcome,

Quote from: ben_kenobi on December 02, 2012, 01:14:15 PM
Am I correct to assume that if you don't have a touch tone line, then it is not possible to dial out using the PSTN line?  I have tried this without success.  The result is a busy signal.

Touch tone phones only.

Quote from: ben_kenobi on December 02, 2012, 01:14:15 PM
Is there a setting to permit use of the PSTN line when the power goes out?

OBihai quietly removed the phone line rely that offered that feature. Safest method is to use a line splitter with another phone in order to have access to PSTN line in case of a power failure.

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

ben_kenobi

Line splitter should do it - thanks QBZappy.  And I may have to fork over the couple of dollars per month for touch tone.