News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No CNAM displayed on incoming calls (Anveo)

Started by drdigital1, December 06, 2012, 07:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drdigital1

I ported my home phone from AT&T to Anveo. To my surprise, the caller name is not displayed; only the number is displayed.  Before I get killed by my wife, is there any setting in the Obi (I am using Obi202) or at Anveo that I need to do in order to display CNAM (which Anveo claims to support)?

drdigital1

I also sent the question to anveo support and received an answer in less than 5 min (!):
To enable CNAM you need to open http://www.anveo.com/phonenumbers.asp click the EDIT button, select CallerID Tab and enable CNAM lookup.
It's that simple!

hwittenb

It's not enabled by default because they have a small fee for each lookup ($0.009)

claude

yes you are right! Anveo have a fee for eveything details   disk size, more then 10 items (call flow) ect.. >:(
claude

MikeHObi

But if you enter caller numbers and names into your Anveo address book, it will present those names when those numbers ring through, without CNAME enabled.  Just as CallCentric does, and probably others.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.