News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

30 minute call limit?

Started by fanboy, December 04, 2012, 04:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fanboy

I have an Obihai 100 setup with Google Voice and I have calls regularly dropping at 30 minutes.  It happens often enough to be infuriating.  Any help would be hot.

onepolarbear

I'm also new....

Can't really answer your question... However, I can tell you that
I was on the phone using Obi110 & Google Voice late last night
and the call lasted 272 minutes.(according to Google Voice log)   :)
(unfortunately, it felt like an eternity :( )

Rick

Check to see how long the OBi has been up since last reboot after it happens, to see if it rebooted.  I do this by going to the IP address of the OBi.

If not, check right when it happens to see if your internet connection dropped / router rebooted by going to a website on your PC.

Some routers and OBis don't seem to play nice together.

MikeHObi

Whenever that happen, first check if the obi rebooted.  You can see this under ObiTalk.  Go to the Obi Expert Configuration, then system status, then uptime.  See how long it's been up.  If it's been up for a while, yet you experienced the issue, then look at something other than the Obi for the cause.  My wife has regularly made 30+minute plus calls with her family.

i.e. mine says today: 29 Days 9:48:08 (0)
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

giqcass

If Google Voice has a limit it is way more then 30 minutes.  My mom calls and talks forever.  Lucky for me it's free with Obi and Google voice.
Long live our new ObiLords!

onepolarbear

Quote from: giqcass on December 10, 2012, 05:47:47 PM
If Google Voice has a limit it is way more then 30 minutes.  My mom calls and talks forever.  Lucky for me it's free with Obi and Google voice.

you didn't tell her that it's free, right?  that'll just make her talk even longer. :)    (just kidding)

Felix

Interesting... never had it before, but my wife just had several calls dropped after 30 minutes exactly. I had several changes in the last week (OBi202 instead of GV client on Android phone; U-Verse "gateway" instead of cable modem + real router; well - U-Verse instead of Time Warner). So, I am not sure what to attribute this to. My dad (OBi110 + Verizon DSL) and in-laws (OBi100 + cable) never said anything about it - and I know my mother-in-law has at least one long conversation a day

MikeHObi

Quote from: Felix on December 26, 2012, 07:01:05 PM
Interesting... never had it before, but my wife just had several calls dropped after 30 minutes exactly.

When this happens first determine if the Obi rebooted.  That allows you to either see the issue, or immediately remove one of the hundreds of variables that may be involved.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

Felix

Quote from: MikeHObi on December 29, 2012, 05:31:21 PM
When this happens first determine if the Obi rebooted. 
No, it didn't. In fact, one of those times I was on another phone attached to OBi without any problem. Other times, I checked "uptime" online and it has been up for several days...

tedcohen

hey all, i am a newbie, so bear with me.

if i buy an obi202, can i use it - and also my laptop - without buying a router?

in other words, can i use the obi202 by connecting it to my time warner modem?

i dont have a router, all i have is a modem.

thanks all!

Felix

hi tedcohen, and welcome to the forum

Is your question in any way related to this topic "30 minute call limit?". If not - could you please start a new thread in the forum appropriately called "New to OBi". Actually, if you search first, you will probably find a dozen posts discussing the same topic.

CJChen

This is a really old topic but it seems some people still have this problem, me included. So has there been a better understanding of this issue?

blando55

Its Nov. 2021 and I have the same issue call cuts off at 30 minutes .....if I place call.

Lavarock7

I don't have a 100 but I looked through my 2182 GV config. I searched for 1800 (number of seconds in 30 minutes) but didn't find anything.

Have you looked through the various configuration menus for 30 or 1800? Perhaps some setting was set wrong during a configuration automatically.
My websites: Kona Coffee: http://itskona.com and Web Hosting: http://planetaloha.info<br />A simplified Voip explanation: http://voip.planet-aloha.com