News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Callcentric Registration issues - Severe

Started by OuterEdge, December 06, 2012, 02:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OuterEdge

I just bought a new Obihai 100 unit. I have been trying to setup Callcentric for the past 24 hours but despite all my best efforts and trying all workarounds mentioned in the forums, Callcentric is not registering. I am getting all sorts of errors which include the following:

Retrying Register
Registration failed, no response from server
Register Failed: 403 Incorrect Authentication
Register Failed: 407 Proxy Authentication Required

I have tried the following: Updated to the latest firmware yesterday, Checked the option X_DnsSrvAutoPrefix, made sure that I am using only the web portal with everything else at defaults. Reset all the settings and removed all accounts and just tried Callcentric also did not help. Another SIP provider tried which also did not work. Nothing works!

I have verified and reverified the username/password multiple times and I know I am entering the right credentials. The same account works perfectly when you try registering using a Acrobits softphone on iPhone. Linksys PAP2 works perfectly with the same callcentric account in the exact same network configuration. Actually Linksys PAP2 was being replaced with Obihai but I am not sure if it does not even work, I will have to go back to what works.

I have sent a message to Obihai support email. I would appreciate if someone can help me fix this.

Thanks,

CoalMinerRetired

These are the setup instructions from CallCentric for an Obi100: http://www.callcentric.com/support/device/obihai/obi100

Have you tried following them, exactly as shown? If not try those, don't set any extra fields not mentioned, etc.

Note that the CC instructions have you edit the device via the method known as Web Server-Based Local Configuration. You sad you are doing that, but I want to point out if you are using the ObiTalk Portal to follow the CC instructions you'd have to get into 'Expert Mode.'

Edit to add: In the above doesn't work, do something that will eliminate your router from the picture (suspicion is port blocking), such as plug the Obi directly into a cable modem thereby eliminating the router, or try the Obi on a friend or neighbor's home network to see if you get different results.  Report back if still stuck.

OuterEdge

Thanks CoalMinerRetried. I reset the unit and then configured it through online web configuration and it finally worked. It was a struggle though to make it work though.

Although Obihai is a flexible product with lot of features, the ease of use or simplicity is missing for an average user which I believe is an extremely limiting factor. This is not your typical plug and play product. Obihai has a lot of promise but it has ways to go in terms of initial setup, dial plan configuration, opening up their own network for inbound/outbound SIP calls, iNum integration, etc.