News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help please OBI110 - newbie

Started by livelong, December 07, 2012, 07:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

livelong

Hi Gurus,

I recently bought obi110 and set up with google voice with no issues, I would like to make few changes to the set up, please help me I try to read the documentation its overwhelming..hence requesting ur help.

I would like to route all my calls thru Obi110

1) For all us/canada calls needs to be routed thru either OOMA or GV line
2) All my international calls needs to be routed thru vonage

Thanks in Advance.
LL

ianobi

livelong, welcome to the forum  :)

You will need to supply more information:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : ?

Which service is on which trunk: sp1, sp2, Line Port.

Quote1) For all us/canada calls needs to be routed thru either OOMA or GV line
You will need to be more specific about which numbers are to go where, at least as first choice.

Everton

I'm a bit confuse with your setup.  OOMA and Vonage (?) are separate devices, one or the other will have to plug directly into the "LINE" port of the OBi110, unless of course you have the SIP credentials for Vonage and you plan to setup this on SP1 or SP2.  I'm not an expert, so maybe there is a way to set up either OOMA and/or Vonage and have one or both accessible from the OBi110 via some form of IP dialing.  I guess my question is, if, let say OOMA, is connected to the LINE port of the OBI, how would you connect/access the Vonage device, assuming Vonage is set up on its own ATA?  I'm I reading this correctly?  Does Vonage give out SIP Credentials for their service?

Quote from: livelong on December 07, 2012, 07:54:08 AM
Hi Gurus,

I recently bought obi110 and set up with google voice with no issues, I would like to make few changes to the set up, please help me I try to read the documentation its overwhelming..hence requesting ur help.

I would like to route all my calls thru Obi110

1) For all us/canada calls needs to be routed thru either OOMA or GV line
2) All my international calls needs to be routed thru vonage

Thanks in Advance.
LL

livelong

Thanks ionobi and everton for your replies, yes I know it looks confusing, now that I'm thinking through as you mentioned vonage comes with its own ATA and OOMA comes with its own hub(device), there is no way we can merge these two with the GV using obi110 since obi110 comes with only one input port.

Lets take out OOMA out of the picture and see how to achieve the following set up.

1) Connect the output from Vonage ATA to Obi110 port
2) GV is currently set up on SIP1

All I want to do is connect one phone to the output of obi110 and when I dial from that phone I need to be able select option either out call thru vonage line or thru GV (reason being for all work calls and international calls I want to use vonage to dial out and other calls use GV)

Same flexibility needs to have from obion App on my android phone

For all the incoming calls either from Vonage or GV needs to ring the phone attached to the obi110

Thanks guys for taking time to answer my newbie questions.

Have a great day!!
LL

ianobi

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : ?

Default is PSTN which means that you can call Vonage with no **8 code, but need **1 to call via GV. If you set it to SP1 Service when you set up GV, then you can call GV numbers with no **1 code, but need **8 to call via Vonage.

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.)

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap :
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|xx.)

Where aaa is your local code.

I'm assuming that you want the ability to call the same numbers using both providers. Selection of GV/Vonage made using ** codes depending on PrimaryLine. I have not included any special codes to allow for Vonage Star Codes. Let me know if that is needed.

To make OBiON on your cell phone dial the same way as your phone connected to the OBi110, then make these changes:

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute:

Choice 1 – If your Phone Port Primary Line is Service Provider 1:

{(Mcot)>(Msp1):sp1},{(Mcot)>(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(Mcot)>(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},
{(Mcot)>(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(Mcot)>(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mcot):aa},{ph}

Choice 2 – If your Phone Port Primary Line is PSTN:

{(Mcot)>(Mli):li},{(Mcot)>(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(Mcot)>(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},
{(Mcot)>(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(Mcot)>(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mcot):aa},{ph}

In either case set up a list of "Circle of Trust" and "Trusted Callers" like so:

User Settings -> User Defined Digit Maps -> User Defined Digit MapX:

Label : cot
DigitMap : (290123456)

Where 290123456 is your OBiON number.

Then you only have to change "cot" if you add or delete trusted Caller IDs.

livelong

Thanks ionobi, I'm away from my home, will try and let you know how it goes.

Have a great day!!
LL

livelong

Thanks for all your help so far..have some more questions ..please see below

My set up is as follows

My pstn line(vonage) is connected to obhi110 which is set as primary line
and sp1 is set up as GV1

All the outgoing calls are routed thru the pstn line both from the obhi110
connected phone and OBiON. All incoming calls to both pstn and GV1 rings the
obhi110 connected phone

1) I want all unattended GV1 calls go to google voice mail (currently these also going to vonage voice mail).

2) When I call from my cell phone to GV1 it goes to AA this is good..but when I use OBiON it needs to go to AA too...

Thanks
LL

Rick

It's likely that Vonage is picking up in under 25 seconds. Set it for longer and Google Voice will take the message.

ianobi

Quote2) When I call from my cell phone to GV1 it goes to AA this is good..but when I use OBiON it needs to go to AA too...

Add this rule: {(Mcot)>**0:aa}

So now you should have this:

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute:
{(Mcot)>(Mli):li},{(Mcot)>(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(Mcot)>(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(Mcot)>(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(Mcot)>(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp}},{(Mcot)>**0:aa},{(Mcot):aa},{ph}

Now, if you dial **0 from OBiON you should get the Auto Attendant.