News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

receiving call via gchat too?

Started by pennywaltz, December 07, 2012, 02:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pennywaltz

So I love my obihai. I don't know if it is due to recent changes.. but i remember in the past, when my obihai phone rings, my google chat rings also. So i have the option to pick up the call using a physical phone OR google chat.

Sometimes it's more useful to pick up via google chat (i.e. when I'm on a conference call and prefer wearing headphones and use my mic). But for some reason now when I call my GV number my obhai phone rings and my google chat doesn't ring anymore.. Did I disable something? Or is it the obihai device disabling it?

giqcass

If both are Gchat and the Obi are logged in only the last device or software to register will ring.  I would say you just got lucky when it worked.   They have been working on it and there is a partial fix in test firmware for the 202 but even then it doesn't work correctly with the web plugin.  The test firmware does work with non browser based Google Chat software and multiple Obi devices.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1049.0
Long live our new ObiLords!

Casper42

Did you double check the GV "Phones" setting on their side?  There is a check box there to turn gChat on/off.

https://www.google.com/voice#phones

chmedly

A couple questions:

Should I assume that there is no support for google voice multi-ring on the 100 series devices?

I read a post here somewhere that you can make outgoing calls on multiple devices but ringing multiple devices doesn't work except with the new firmware.  Is this correct?  I haven't been able to set this up myself yet. 

I wish you could forward one gv # to another... 

Felix

I think no support is only for combination of Google Chat and OBi. If you specify multi ring on GV screen (say, forwards calls to Google Chat and mobile phone) - both will ring.