News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI BT rings asterisk then hangs-up

Started by lburgos, December 07, 2012, 04:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lburgos

Hello,

I'm having problems with BT and asterisk. It seems than BT rings asterisks and then hangs up, then rings again, etc. I'm no expert whatsoever on VoIP and just did this setup based on this post:

http://michigantelephone.wordpress.com/2012/03/24/how-to-use-the-obihai-obi100-obi110-or-obi202-voip-device-as-a-gateway-between-asteriskf-pbx-and-google-voice-andor-the-obitalk-network-updated/

Let me give you some context:

I have setup Obi202 successfully as follows:

SP1 - Google Voice Number 1
Sp2 - Google Voice Number 2
SP3 - Google Voice Number 3
SP4 - Extension on asterisk server
BT -  My cell phone

Voice Gateway 1 = SP4(IP.asterisk-server)

Each number (from SP1 to SP3 and BT) has an extension in asterisk

Each SP X_InboundCallRoute has a redirect to asterisk through the voice gateway (vg1(786xxxxxxx/$1))

SP4 has a redirect to each GV number or BT according to the caller ID of the asterisk trunk.

So far so good. Everything works as expected. Each GV rings its extension, each extension dials through the appropriate GV number.

asterisk extension assigned to BT dials out correctly through the cell phone. Now, when dialing in, here comes the problem:

When cell phone received a call, Obi202 immediately rings the asterisk extension. Great, but after the first ring, asterisk hangs up. Then after a while, another ring, then hang up, then another ring, and then T-Mobile voice mail picks up.

If I pick up the extension while its ringing, then the call is established perfectly.

Any idea?

Thanks

Luis

lburgos

After further research, it seems to be a problem of the bluetooth stack implementation (not sure whose BT stack implementation). This is what I found:

1.- Galaxy Nexus running Android 4.2.1: Phone pairs and connects successfully. Dial out perfectly(from asterisk extension to outside line through mobile), however, when a call comes in (through the cell) the extension rings, then hangs up (missed call) then rings again, then hangs up. Monitoring the "CallState"through Obi web server, I can see alternating "Ring1305XXXXXXX" and "0 Active Call"

2.- Nexus One. Phone pairs and connects successfully. When a call comes in, the "CallStatus" appears "Ring1305XXXXXXX" for the duration of the call, however, no audio comes in or out when I pick up the extension, so it measn, it's useless.

I would need to try with an Iphone....

Will keep you updated.

Thanks

Luis