News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How do I dial out on SP2 with SP1 the outgoing default?

Started by win32, December 07, 2012, 10:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

win32

I have Google Voice as my SP1 and Callcentric as my SP2. I dial out on GV.

I can press # to dial out on my land line.

How do I dial out on Callcentric?

zapattack

In the   FAQ page, About The Obi heading, click View More: 
read "How do I make calls with the OBi & what is Primary Line to Call Out?" section

claude

**1 is your sp1 **2 is your sp2

so you dial   **2xxxxxxxxxx            x= your phone number
claude

win32

Thanks claude! I think I might have even stumbled on that experimenting but it doesn't give you a dialtone (like # does) so I didn't realize.

hwittenb

You get the new dial tone when you key # because it comes from your phone company when the OBi attaches directly to the PSTN line.  You can configure the OBi to give you new dial tone when you dial **1 or **2 if you change the PhonePort Digitmap and put |**1{t=di2}(Msp1)| and |**2{t=di2}(Msp2)| to replace |**1(Msp1)| and |**2(Msp2)|

win32

Quote from: hwittenb on December 08, 2012, 10:39:51 AM
You can configure the OBi to give you new dial tone when you dial **1 or **2 if you change the PhonePort Digitmap and put |**1{t=di2}(Msp1)| and |**2{t=di2}(Msp2)| to replace |**1(Msp1)| and |**2(Msp2)|

Nice!  Thanks for that. I am new to telecom, is that instruction set a standard of some kind?

I guess I will go read the admin guide...

hwittenb

Quote from: win32 on December 08, 2012, 11:56:25 AM
I am new to telecom, is that instruction set a standard of some kind?

I guess I will go read the admin guide...

The settings are proprietary to OBihai but are covered in the Admin Guide.  You find the dial tone settings on page 187 .... Invoke Second Dial Tone in Digit Map