News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How can I get googlevoice # without a phone #?

Started by shecycles, December 08, 2012, 05:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shecycles

If I'm using obihai to eliminate paying for a landline, I don't have a # to register with googlevoice to have my calls forwarded to.
I have a googlevoice # associated with my cell phone, but those calls won't ring into my analogue phone at the house.

Help! ???

QBZappy

Quote from: shecycles on December 08, 2012, 05:19:30 PM
If I'm using obihai to eliminate paying for a landline, I don't have a # to register with googlevoice to have my calls forwarded to.
I have a googlevoice # associated with my cell phone, but those calls won't ring into my analogue phone at the house.

Help! ???

Welcome,

You don't need a telephone number to forward to. The call to your GV number should ring the phone connected to the OBi if you set up GV correctly on the device.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

MikeHObi

Obi Integrates with google voice via the google CHAT interface.  When you get your GV number you just follow the obi instructions for google which will have you check the box to enable google voice to send calls through google chat.

You don't need any other number if you don't want it.  Though if this is a primary home number, you typically will want 911 service, which google voice doesn't provide.  To get E911 you will need to sign up for services from some other provider, some may require you to purchase a DID number, others do not.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.