News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Primary line without **1

Started by Tomtreas, December 10, 2012, 07:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomtreas

Sorry noob here with the OBI110. I have set the Primary Line in both the auto attendant and also the Phone Port to SP1.  I have also set both of those sections to Enable by unchecking the default and making sure Enable is checked.  I have GV programmed into both SP1 and SP2.  I have no POTS line.  I cannot seem to get standard US dialing (1+) to work and use SP1.  The only way I can dial is to use ***1 (yes 3*) and then continue with the area code and number.  That works fine with 2 as well on the second GV number in SP2.

??? Please help.  Thanks in advance!

Tom

ianobi

Tomtreas,

I guess you are making changes using the web page. Your changes are being over written by the OBi Portal. Read this:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=61.msg109#msg109

I suggest you use the OBi Portal via the expert pages at least until you get familiar with the OBi. Click on your OBi device on the Dashboard and follow prompts to get to the Expert Pages.

I'm going to assume you do changes from the portal via the expert pages. To make a change to a value uncheck both boxes to the right of that value, leave them unchecked, make your changes, then press submit and wait for the OBi to reboot. Each page needs a submit/reboot before you move to another page. Leave a couple of minutes between reboots.

Tomtreas

Yes I did read that.  I set the items I had played with back to defaults in the web interface on the unit and then made the changes using the expert interface in the OBI portal.  Unit restarted and still, I cannot just dial 18005551212 from the phone port and it work.  I get a dialtone that appears to be interrupted for a second or two for each digit press and then back to a dialtone.  I do seem to be making some progress however because now to make it work, I only have to dial a single * before I continue to enter the normal dial string for it to use SP1 and dial out. 

ianobi

Can you try a different basic corded phone just to rule out phone problems?

What does Status > Call History (available from web page) show after a failed call?

Tomtreas

I can.  I will and post back.  I'm using a CO line port on an NEC DS1000 phone system for this.  If you plug a POTS line into this on the phone system, it operates as if it were a regular phone when you select that line on one of the attached phones.  I will try and regular telephone tho as I said and post back.

As far as the Call history, when I dial without the * in front, there is no call history logged at all.  It's as if I did nothing.

Tomtreas

Boo.  Wired normal phone works perfectly.  Why would it be any different?  My DS1000 system is working normally otherwise with regular pots lines.

ianobi

In the OBi you could have a look at Phone Port > Port Settings. Maybe look at OnHookTipRingVoltage/OffHookCurrentMax/Impedance.

I'm not sure what might be configurable in the NEC DS1000. maybe duration or level of dtmf tones?

Tomtreas

I'm leaning toward DTMF from my phone system.  Either levels or even frequency.  I've had problems keying IVM systems with it before.  Not many, but it bears looking into first.  I can adjust all of the parameters in the phone system software.  It doesn't explain however why just keying a single * in front of the rest of the dial string makes it work though.  That part still confuses me.  I'll keep tinkering with it and if I come up with something on this end I'll be sure and post.

I checked loop current, impedance and off-hook voltage.  All are within the normal tolerance levels and also range of adjustment in the Obi Expert interface.

One other thing that is puzzling me.  I thought I read where when you submit from the Obi Expert interface that it would always reboot my unit.  This is not happening.  I'm having to log into the http server on the interface and reboot it myself.  It is picking up my changes however fine when it comes back up.

Tomtreas

Got it!  For some stupid reason, I got the CO line on my phone system that the Obi was hooked to set to Loop Start Pulse!  Geesh I feel stupid.  Set it to Loop Start DTMF and it is working like it should now.  I guess the asterisk is a shortcut key to start sending DTMF from my phone system.  That would explain my original need to add an extra one to get things rolling before I had the settings for the primary line correct. 

Thanks for your help!