News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Access Google voicemail over OBi via a VM key?

Started by wolfv, December 11, 2012, 12:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfv

I am using OBi100 with Panasonic KX-TG6511 base station and matching Panasonic KX-TGA652 handset.

The message alert message indicator on the hand set flashes after a new Google voicemail is recorded.  I can retrieve my Google VM if I dial the access number manually (PIN is not needed because OBi has my password to log into Google Voice).

Now I try to retrieve Google VM via Panasonic's VM key.  On the Panasonic, pressing the "VM" key is supposed to play the VM (I saved the VM access number on the handset).  But when I press the VM key, all I get is 15 seconds of silence followed by a busy signal.

Does anyone access google VM over OBi via VM key?

Thank you.

pc44

Hi wolfv,

According to the user's manual for the Panasonic KX-TG6511 (located here), you should be able to configure the voicemail number on your phone.  On page 43 of the user's manual, it says you need to press the following:

{MENU} --> {#} {3} {3} {1}

Then, enter your access number.  In your case, it would be your GV number.

Hope it helps,
pc44

wolfv

Quote from: pc44 on December 11, 2012, 12:15:31 PM
Hi wolfv,

According to the user's manual for the Panasonic KX-TG6511 (located here), you should be able to configure the voicemail number on your phone.  On page 43 of the user's manual, it says you need to press the following:

{MENU} --> {#} {3} {3} {1}

Then, enter your access number.  In your case, it would be your GV number.

Hope it helps,
pc44
Yes I did that before posting here.  I saved the VM access number on the handset.

QBZappy

This might help.

The 'Voicemail Access' option
http://support.google.com/voice/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=117523

If you call your GV number, using one of the GV forwarding numbers, I think you should be getting the VM.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

wolfv

Thanks for you suggestions.  I tried again.  This description is more accurate than the one I post above:

When I press the VM key, I can hear the access number being dialed, then 10 seconds of silence, and then a busy signal.

When I manually dial the access number Google plays back the voicemail as it should.

Maybe there is some peculiar interaction between OBi and the Panasonic VM key.  Has any OBi-Panasonic user successfully retrieve voicemails with their VM key?  If not I can simply put the access number on speed dial.

Thank you.

Rick

Quote from: wolfv on December 11, 2012, 07:30:53 PM
Thanks for you suggestions.  I tried again.  This description is more accurate than the one I post above:

When I press the VM key, I can hear the access number being dialed, then 10 seconds of silence, and then a busy signal.

When I manually dial the access number Google plays back the voicemail as it should.

Maybe there is some peculiar interaction between OBi and the Panasonic VM key.  Has any OBi-Panasonic user successfully retrieve voicemails with their VM key?  If not I can simply put the access number on speed dial.

Thank you.

I have a Panasonic phone and my Voicemail key works fine.  Make sure you put it in with a "1" in front.  Make sure after you put it in when you go to look it up it's correct.  If that doesn't work, use speed dial.

wolfv

Thanks Rick.

A "1" infront did not help.  I put the access number in speed dial, works fine :).

Ostracus

Sometimes you have to put a pause in for things to work right.

wolfv

Quote from: Ostracus on December 13, 2012, 08:17:06 AM
Sometimes you have to put a pause in for things to work right.
I put a pause in front of the access number but that didn't help.  There is no PIN to put a pause in front of.  Thanks for the suggestion though.