News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Two Obi's behind the same router

Started by Bill_K, December 14, 2012, 07:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill_K

All the phone jacks in my house are served individually from a distribution hub in the cellar.  Here's what I would like to do: Use one Google Voice number for business calls that will forward to my cell phone and also ring through an Obi110 ("Obi A") at home to a jack that connects only to Obi A.  Then I'd like another Google Voice number that forwards to my wife's cell phone and also rings through  another Obi110 (Obi B) at home to a jack that connects only to Obi B.  Both Obi's would be connected to the same router.  Anyone see a problem with this?  Thanks!

(BTW, I understand I could use an Obi202 rather than two Obi110's, but my router really didn't play nice with the Obi202 for even one GV number.  Might have been a firewall issue, though I tried to work around it, but no success. Anyway, if the router also has issues with the Obi110's, I have a different router I can try.)

QBZappy

Quote from: Bill_K on December 14, 2012, 07:09:28 PM
All the phone jacks in my house are served individually from a distribution hub in the cellar.  Here's what I would like to do: Use one Google Voice number for business calls that will forward to my cell phone and also ring through an Obi110 ("Obi A") at home to a jack that connects only to Obi A.  Then I'd like another Google Voice number that forwards to my wife's cell phone and also rings through  another Obi110 (Obi B) at home to a jack that connects only to Obi B.  Both Obi's would be connected to the same router.  Anyone see a problem with this?  Thanks!

Two OBIs on the same router will have conflict with RTP ports (for incoming/outgoing sound) since all units come configured using the same port ranges. You may need to make them unique on each unit.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Ostracus

I have an Obi110 and a Obi202 behind the same router. Didn't have to mess with any ports.

QBZappy

Ostracus,

Yea you're right. I messed that one up I think. Each OBi has a unique ip.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

ianobi

I would be more concerned with making sure that all UserAgentPorts are unique behind one router. This can be important for direct ip dialling, using SIP phones or soft phones, dialling in from another ATA etc. All these configurations need to point at a specific UserAgentPort to call the correct sp on the correct OBi.