News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Caller ID ERROR

Started by Mattk, December 18, 2012, 10:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattk

I just steup my Obi box today using Via Google voice. When Someone calls me I keep getting CALLER ID ERROR on the screen, is there a setting that I'm missing?

Rick

Quote from: Mattk on December 18, 2012, 10:56:17 AM
I just steup my Obi box today using Via Google voice. When Someone calls me I keep getting CALLER ID ERROR on the screen, is there a setting that I'm missing?

If you have DSL, you may have a dsl line filter somewhere on the line?  Remove it, and you should see the problem go away. 

Mattk

Quote from: Rick on December 18, 2012, 11:30:30 AM

If you have DSL, you may have a dsl line filter somewhere on the line?  Remove it, and you should see the problem go away. 

No Have Roadrunner (Cable Modem)

Rick

Quote from: Mattk on December 18, 2012, 11:54:31 AM

I understand that you have Roadrunner today.  Many people setup the OBi by plugging the OBi into a wall outlet, thus supplying every phone in the house with the capability of the OBi.  If the phone you then try to use has a dsl filter plugged in between it and the wall jack, OR if there is a dsl filter on the main line that is then connected to the OBi, this CAN cause the problem.  If you have your phone plugged directly into the OBi, then we need to understand a bit more.

What OBi did you buy?

How did you hook it up to your phone system?

Mattk

Quote from: Rick on December 18, 2012, 12:07:39 PM

I understand that you have Roadrunner today.  Many people setup the OBi by plugging the OBi into a wall outlet, thus supplying every phone in the house with the capability of the OBi.  If the phone you then try to use has a dsl filter plugged in between it and the wall jack, OR if there is a dsl filter on the main line that is then connected to the OBi, this CAN cause the problem.  If you have your phone plugged directly into the OBi, then we need to understand a bit more.

What OBi did you buy?

There no DSL filters. I got my Box from Amazon (got it today in the mail). I have Cable modem, into a Linksys Router, into a hub and then to the Obi box and the phone pluged into the obi..

Making wonder if its the Hub that maybe the issues.

PS I did do the Software update on the Obi box

Rick

Quote from: Mattk on December 18, 2012, 12:36:16 PM

What OBi did you buy?

There no DSL filters. I got my Box from Amazon (got it today in the mail). I have Cable modem, into a Linksys Router, into a hub and then to the Obi box and the phone pluged into the obi..

WHAT OBi did you buy?  100, 110, 202, ...?

I ASSUME that if you have an OBi 110, you plugged the phone into the PHONE port, not the LINE port.

I would remove the hub, then you'll know if that's the issue or not.  I suspect NOT.

Mattk

Quote from: Rick on December 18, 2012, 12:38:30 PM
Quote from: Mattk on December 18, 2012, 12:36:16 PM

What OBi did you buy?

WHAT OBi did you buy?  100, 110, 202, ...?

I ASSUME that if you have an OBi 110, you plugged the phone into the PHONE port, not the LINE port.

I would remove the hub, then you'll know if that's the issue or not.  I suspect NOT.

I have OBI 100, I have double check everything and it hook up right

QBZappy

Mattk,

Try using a different phone with CID capability for a test.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Mattk

Quote from: QBZappy on December 18, 2012, 12:47:46 PM
Mattk,

Try using a different phone with CID capability for a test.

We were thinking the same thing, It works