News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV rings only once.

Started by carl, December 19, 2012, 05:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carl

This is not an Obi problem. I have two GV accounts with two numbers with different area codes When I called my home phone( lets say GV number A) from a cell phone registered with my GV account B( but not with the GV account A)  , the call rings only once and goes into the voice mail menu. Anyone experienced the same thing?
This is not the first time weird things happen. I removed all registered phone numbers from my GV accounts and use it now strictly for incoming and outgoing, no other GV features. ::)

Rick

Quote from: carl on December 19, 2012, 05:43:29 PM
This is not an Obi problem. I have two GV accounts with two numbers with different area codes When I called my home phone( lets say GV number A) from a cell phone registered with my GV account B( but not with the GV account A)  , the call rings only once and goes into the voice mail menu. Anyone experienced the same thing?
This is not the first time weird things happen. I removed all registered phone numbers from my GV accounts and use it now strictly for incoming and outgoing, no other GV features. ::)

Turn on Call Screening in GV and try again.  If that works, try turning it off and trying again.  Sometimes GV acts odd.

bingalls

I've used Google Voice with Obi 202(?) concurrent with & without a mobile phone successfully for years.
Around the beginning of 2018, when the Google broke Obi 100 boxes, my Obi now only rings once.
Having a mobile phone on typically fixes the problem. I've not had luck toggling phone screening.
Help to get Obi to ring my phone more than once is appreciated!