News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi100 Attendant Issues

Started by ethersurfer, December 19, 2012, 08:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ethersurfer

Just got an Obi100 and set it up with GV. I'm an old hand with VoIP setup issues but Obi has got me on the Attendant issue.
In the quick set up there is a segment called "Using the Obi to Bridge Other Services". There are 3 "cartoon" diagrams. There are references to: "Allow the Attendant To Answer".
So i'm set up with GVoice on the SP1, callcentric on SP2 with SP1 the main service. I call my GV number...let it ring...and then get the GV VM. No Attendant.
Went into the Web Setup page. It shows me the Attendant is checked.
Also, on the ObiTalk setup page I filled in an Attendant PIN.
So where is the Attendant? How does it function? ( I mean when I call the GV number into the Obi?). When does it answer? And, how do I do all these "Cool" things with it?

ProfTech

Change the InboundCallRoute for which ever service you want from {ph} to {AA}. Then when someone calls, they will hear the Auto Attendant. The bridging is automatic.

QBZappy

ethersurfer,

To expand on what ProfTech said with an example.

SPX-> X_InboundCallRoute:

{(<**2>(51455551111|x.5145552222|x.5145553333)):aa($1)},{ph}

Explanation:

These are the various numbers which you want to reach the AA. If you hang up before the OBi answers, the ($1) will return the call to the last number that called (you). This is useful for cell plans with unlimited incoming minutes or avoiding a long distance charge. The <**2> is optional. This forces the call over the SP2, otherwise it will use the primary line which is set up.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.