News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Delay syntax for InboundCallRoute

Started by belew, December 20, 2012, 10:04:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

belew

Can't seem to figure out what the delay parameter syntax should be on the phone port to delay the ringing of the phone on an inbound call.

Tried the following on Line Port > InboundCallRoute:

• sp2(xxxxxxxxxx),ph - works fine, both ring simultaneously
  • sp2(xxxxxxxxxx;d=9),ph - works, sp2 is delayed by 9 seconds (did this just to test that delay parameter is working)
  • sp2(xxxxxxxxxx),ph(d=9) - doesn't work, no delay phone port
  • sp2(xxxxxxxxxx),ph(;d=9) -doesn't work, no delay phone port
  • sp2(xxxxxxxxxx),ph;d=9 - doesn't work, phone port does not ring, assume invalid syntax

Any ideas?

ianobi

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> RingDelay

This will delay the phone ringing, but I'm fairly sure it will delay call forking as well. So for sp2(xxxxxxxxxx),ph both will be delayed as the call probably will not be processed until after the delay set by the RingDelay.

belew

Yes I did play with the RingDelay setting but it does delay the entire forking process. I'm just trying to delay the phone port and not the rest of the forking.

Thanks.

v.2geofs

This is just a WAG, but have you tried sp2(xxxxxxxxxx),ph(@;d=9), giving the phone a number to test against?

HTH,

Geoff

belew

Geoff,
Thanks for the suggestion. I did try that and several other variations. I've come to the conclusion that the delay parameter cannot be used with the terminals that do not accept arguments (both ph and aa). Hopefully this capability may be added at some point.

hwittenb

Perhaps another possibility, if you have an unused SPx you could setup another registered voip account there and you could fork the incoming Line call to both your undelayed destination without a delay and also fork the call to this new destination with a delay and then not include ph in the inbound routing.

You could get a free CallCentric account and call it with a sip uri.

Edit:  Not a good idea.  Tried testing it and had problems.  Probably need to use both Spx configured as sip to accomplish, one to send, other to receive.  

QBZappy

To follow up on hwittenb's suggestion, consider this: Force all call coming in over the PSTN to be received on a SPX acct where the delay can be introduced in the method you have had previous success with.

POTS-line InboundCallRoute = :SPX
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

azrobert

You can set up a special ring tone for the Line port like:
60;(0+9,2+4,2+4)

The above would skip ringing, wait 9 seconds then 2 normal ring patterns.
This ring pattern only applies to the Phone port and not the forked calls.
The user guide is confusing for me.  I don't understand how many rings you can have before the pattern repeats.

belew

Thank you for the great suggestions. I have to say the one from azrobert did the trick for what I'm trying to accomplish.

I had never looked closely at the ring patterns. The is the one I ended up using as the default ring pattern for the LINE: 60;2(0+0);58(2+4). Gives me a 2 second delay on the ph ringing while not delaying any of the other forks. Just enough for GV to answer immediately and take a message if in Do Not Disturb Mode. If not, phone rings normally on inbound PSTN calls. Mission accomplished.

Basically just added the ability to schedule DND on my PSTN.

QBZappy

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

ianobi

Congrats to azrobert for thinking inside the obi box! Thanks to belew for giving me an idea. I'm experimenting with using my cell phone as a cell phone + wifi handset to answer calls around the home. Delaying incoming ringing from PSTN will give me time to find my cell phone and answer it before the phones ring.